2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm using up a lot of little skeins and balls of white yarn to make angels with.

I'm already at a +7 for the week. Horray for Holidays.

:manyheart

I had to throw away a ball of yarn today. :( I gave DD a ball of yarn for her to learn to crochet on and she spilled a drink on it :eek so I had to throw it away and will have to dig out another one for her.

WTD +1

wow, so I haven't been on in forever, haven't been working much either as life kind of got in the way. Bought two skeins of yarn before going on vacation earlier in the week and used up two balls but I suppose that was all before the reset. Oh well, I'm still alive and still working.

Hey wow, I made Silver again. Congratulations to the other medalist. I did not do much over the weekend. It was like the first nice weekend we have had all spring/summer. Anyway, I helped my next door neighbors with their yard, as they are really clueless when it comes to this stuff. They are very sweet people and I love working in the gardens, so it was a true pleasure. Anyway, later after we were finished, we combined our cooking skills and grilled greek and spanish foods... it was such a great weekend. I am presently working on two afghans, the peridot and anastasia, these two will take so time to finish as each blanket takes almost 5000 yards of yarn.

Used up a small skein of cotton yesterday making more angel ornaments. I gave two ornaments away to people I work out with and they loved them.

:manyheart

It's been :rain for most of June (23 days!). My tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers and green beans loved it, but so did the weeds :eek. When we finally got a couple of days of :sun, I had to pull weeds. I did a lot of :crocheting too. I've used 3 balls and rolled a skein down :cheer. 1 (7 oz.) skein each, brown and blue plus 1 1/2 (3.5 oz.) skeins ecru made 21 squares. I have 1 each of brown and blue, 8 of ecru left. I don't know if 40 - 8" squares (5X8) will be big enough. I may have to get more brown and blue and make 48 squares (6X8).

WTD: + 4 YTD: + 83

Ellie 13

I'm at + 4,could have been negative,but the dollar store yarn is all gone,well lets put it this way,what I use is all gone,I was hoping to get more of the brown,as it was real nice to work with,sigh

Yesterday I worked a little on one afghan in the afternoon and the other in the evening. Both of them have very slow rows :( I wish that I would have fallen in love with a different pattern. I feel like these will take forever. the peridot requires 5000 yards of yarn and the anastasia is something like 4700 yards. Talk about wool eaters. ughhh.

so I am still at 0 this week, that may change today

Well I bought a skein of yarn today to finish up the wrap I'm making so -2 for me but I did use up a skein of yarn so +2 for me for today so for the week I broke even again at 0

Finally got back into the swing of things yesterday. Started the dinosaur hoodie in the new Crochet World magazine. No points to claim yet but I AM still alive, haha. Haven't posted in forever.

:hi, everyone!

I have been a busy :bee working on a new top, and have busted 1 7oz skein so far. Plus, I used 2 Chenille Thick n quick's on a purse.

So far, it's +6 for me!

Well, I managed to bust a skein of white on the peridot so that brings me to zero WTD. There are so many Christmas in July sales going on, I don't know if I will be able to hold off from buying any yarn this week, But I am trying. Now I got invitation to my cousin's wife's baby shower and of course they are doing it early and I haven't finished everything I need to. So I am going to have to put the peridot and Anastasia on the side to finish up the Babette afghan, Bears on my Blanket and layette. Tend to forget just how many things I was doing for them.

Well this is just too funny. I went to Walmart yesterday and bought 3 pounders of yarn. I was just about out of white yarn and I have to keep that in stock for my stash :scared

But the funny part is that I went to Michaels today and did not buy any yarn at all. There was nothing there to tempt me. :sigh

I do have a pretty new doll and some crocks for my girls to share but no yarn... Wow! just Wow!

On the good side, with all the time on the buses and in the bus terminals I have just about finished an 8 oz skein today. I am going to keep going on it so that I can make up for at least some of this week's damage.

Since I last posted a couple weeks ago, I am adding it all into this weeks score. I've bought 16 skeins, but I've used up 8--almost 9, making my score Week(s) to date -16. Hope I can get that down a bit more before posting time.

Good luck everyone...you can avoid the clearance yarn isle...yes you can...:cheer

Archived