Any recs for a crochet mag subscription?

Are any of the crochet magazines consistently good enough to buy a subscription to? I was looking at Interweave...but you only get four issues for $20! That seems a bit steep to me, but if it's worth it then maybe. Another one I've been looking at is Crochet Today. They seem to have some good stuff too....but I haven't been in the loop long enough to know if these are good ones or not. Thanks! :)

My two favorites are Crochet Today and Crochet World. I have subscriptions to both cuz I couldn't stand it if I missed even one issue. I've never gotten Interweave but have seen it on the newsstand. I think they have mostly contemporary clothing patterns and they look kinda difficult for me.

I enjoy Crochet Today. A nice variety of patterns that I would actually wear, plus some afghans, home dec, and stuff for kids. I've made several of their patterns; they are accurate and easy to read. Happy stitching! Beth

I have to agree with the rest that Crochet Today is my favorite. Just one more thing to add is that I called them to let them know that I had not received an issue Jan/Feb '08 and without hesitation they are sending me a new one. I call that good customer-service.

I love Crochet Today! I normally don't find patterns that I like in crochet magazines, but CT consistently has great, stylish patterns that I'm always having to bookmark for a future project.

If you still can't decide, I'd suggest spending some time in front of the magazine rack and flip through the magazines you are wondering about. Or contact the magazine itself ans see if you can get a free issue to try at home.

I'll be the dissenting voice. Personally, I prefer Interweave Crochet. They do focus on clothes more than items, though, so if you prefer afghans, toys, etc., one of the others might be more inline with your interests. I think Interweave is going very far to change that old stereotype of crochet, and even though there are usually some patterns I don't like in any given issue (which is true for all the magazines; some patterns I like, some I don't), I feel my subscription is helping to attract and support new designers. Every other issue or so has an afghan, and this past issue had our own Etaria's toddler dress, a gorgeous little teddy bear, and a child's afghan. They've also started including directions for larger sizes, something I know people complained about in the past.

Sounds like you might need to study them all a little more before you make up your mind.

I usually use my 40% coupon at Joann's to get one of the other magazines if there's something I like in it (I hope they're still letting us use those coupons on magazines).

Good luck deciding! Patty

does anyone know when the next issue of Crochet Today comes out? I keep wanting to see the new issue I do like some of the other magazines as long as they have something I want to make otherwise I don't get them

One idea is to go through the Publications board and look at the various posts of the newest magazines which have links. Each magazine has it's pros and cons and of course fit the tastes of the crocheter.

I personally subscribe to Crochet Today. Since I was buying it on the newsstand (and had a hard time finding it) I decided subscription was the best way to get it.

I use to get Crochet World. I thought their quality dropped but it seems to have picked up (maybe to mroe crochet magazine competition--always a good thing). So now I've been getting it at newsstands. If I continue I will resubscribe. I loved the last issue.

I bought a few Interweave because I liked the designs, but mostly it's not for me. I've done clothing but haven't had much luck in it looking great, it looks passable, but not the best and the yarns for some of the designs are out of my range (area and price). Although as I said I have bought a few issues.

Debbi

I like crochet today and interweave crochet... although some patterns are better then others as are some issues... but I am kinda picky about my patterns and what I actually spend time making

I already received my Nov/Dec '08 issue but not sure when it arrives on the shelves. Normally in the past I have not received it until after they have already arrived on the shelves.

looking at their website so far I'm seeing stuff that I would like to make oh my goodness I'm seeing alot of stuff baby things plus a chervon afghan pattern I can't wait to see if they have a copy in at Barnes and Nobles hopefully will try to get there today

• 2 weeks later...

Crochet Today and Interweave are my two favourites. They are very different from each other, so it gives me a wide choice of styles, ideas, and information. I really enjoy reading them and usually make at least one or two items from each mag.

Are any of the crochet magazines consistently good enough to buy a subscription to? I was looking at Interweave...but you only get four issues for $20! That seems a bit steep to me, but if it's worth it then maybe. Another one I've been looking at is Crochet Today. They seem to have some good stuff too....but I haven't been in the loop long enough to know if these are good ones or not. Thanks! :)

:ctree Check out the deals I found! I am not selling subscriptions...theses are deals I have found. Go to my site...http//:mollycoddleyourworld.com/crochet.html :wreath

Merry Christmas !!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say I have subscriptions to Interweave Crochet and Crochet Today. I had a Crochet! subscription with my CGOA membership(no $$ currently to renew membership), but I would not have had a Crochet! subscription otherwise since they don't tend to have a lot of patterns I care for. I also like Crochet World, but can't have subscriptions to everything I like at the moment(yes a knitting magazine took the last coveted amount of mag. subscription $$ I had tucked away).

Archived