Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

:crochetingCount me in too!

The pattern arrived last night (I'm pretty sure it's one of the only copies in captivity in Australia :kangaroo) and I have the yarn already to go. I'll be using Te Awa Lagoon and TA Topaz as the variegated :yarnyarns and Patons Black and white for the contrasts.

Still not sure whether this is a :badidea- I have a Christening Gown in Laceweight that is only 2/5ths done after seven months.....

Progress will go on the Blog...

Manda

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what I've got so far. I did add on a few of the columns after I took this picture.

Now my sister wants one to hang in her house so I may end up giving her this one and doing another color combo for me we'll see. I might get this one done before Christmas :lol

th_crochet375.jpg

Heather~looking good! pretty color combo

christina~Glad to hear that nothing got recked.

Yet another week has gone by that I haven't worked on my afghan.

Heather its beautiful:clap

:hug Christina

I havent worked on mine either BUT

only 8 or so more rows on the RR and the daddy of the new baby-to-come wants a bearghan rather than a RR, and thats easier...of course it WILL mean I run my stash busting score:blush

happy weekend.....

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not a lady, but I do like how your ghan is turning out!! :clap:bounce

Sorry Drew! I didn't realize you were still checking in on this thread. Color me embarrased. Thanks for the compliment! :D

That looks great Christina! Love the colors!

I'm working a little bit again on mine just finished up the columns and am working on going around them with the black now.

Hi Christina,

Its beautiful!!!!

You'll have to bring it to show and tell at the next brunch :lol

Yes!:hook Have you heard from Janet or Carol?

I wove in all the ends last night too! I didn't want those ends to haunt me! I probably won't work on it for a few days, as I've got a bunch of other projects that need attention. Hopefully I won't forget about it for too long.

I havent heard, though I hvent been around as much as I would like.

This part of Spring is the busy season when we interview all the incoming kindergarten children. My eyes cross by the end of May.

I started this pattern about two months ago and I only recently found this site. I had to put mine away due to heath issues, I think that I am going to get it back out soon. I have to finish my rectangles for WUA. After that I am back to this. Is it to late to join in on the fun?

This is one afghan I am dying to make!!!

I want to order the pattern and get me some yarn...but I have a few WIP's that I have to finish for my granddaughter that is on the way! (End Of May)!!!

As soon as I get them done..I want to get in on this one!!!

I have been following along the last week and it really got me wanting to do this one real BAD!!! So hopefully I will get to do it!!! Just not to happy to hear about popcorn stitches tho! That's not one of my favorite stitches!!! But if it comes out looking half as good as you all's it'll be worth the struggle!!!

OK, I FINALLY broke down and just ordered the pattern and yarn for this one. I know I will regret all the work but it is SO GORGEOUS! I have to at least try it! And I will probably use the recommended teal and amethyst colors - they are favorites of mine anyway. NOW - to go back through and read ALL THESE POSTS for tips and hints on how to make this puppy turn out great. Thanks for all the inspiration!! I'll probably have to sell this one - I need another afghan in this house like I need a hole in the head...:eek

Welcome Gretchen! You're going to love making this. It's a biggie, but worth the time and effort. I've had a huge sense of accomplishment while doing it.

Now... as far as selling goes... go for it! Just make sure that you charge what it's worth. It's a piece of art, not just an afghan!

Welcome Gretchen,

YES! Its a lot of work, and I admit to needing to put it aside to finish up the afghans that Im committed to making, but Im also having a lot of fun making this one!!!

Archived