Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

The pyramids..really isn't that bad once you do a couple of them... the sewing is the tedious part! But once you get it sewn.. you look back and know it was worth it! :hook

My husband thinks I am going to get it done in a couple of wks..(yeah right)... he hasn't seen all the parts you have to sew!!! But I am glad he thinks I can get it done tho!!! :D

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I am not as far as you all..but I am now on the Second Section Rnd 3. I didn't make the triangles has they have said... I worked it in my rounds instead.. and I think it came out good! Here is a picture of what mine looks like so far!

th_CathedralRoseWindowAfghanFirstSecti.jpg

th_closeupoffirstsectionandsecondsecti.jpg

I had to take a second look at these pics! i thought they were mine!!:lol We are within a row or two of each other only different colors.:hookyour afghan is looking great!

Thanks Micky--I was wondering what different color circles would look like, as the same color ones sort of reminded me of a target--its beautiful!

I'm collecting Lion Suede colors to start this with, in purples and blues. I'm thinking about using eggplant instead of black... cost of obtaining the yarn may be the deciding factor.

Thanks Micky--I was wondering what different color circles would look like, as the same color ones sort of reminded me of a target--its beautiful!

I'm collecting Lion Suede colors to start this with, in purples and blues. I'm thinking about using eggplant instead of black... cost of obtaining the yarn may be the deciding factor.

Thank you! Mine comes from just using what I have on hand.

:devil

I had to take a second look at these pics! i thought they were mine!!:lol We are within a row or two of each other only different colors.:hookyour afghan is looking great!

What row are you on now... I didn't get to work on it yesterday nor today!!! I have been babysitting granddaughters (5) of them!!! :manyheart

Well, I just finished the popcorn round... so now I am on round 13. I just never did like doing pc...mine never turned out like pc...but I can say they look better than they use too!! :yarn

I do a little on this and I am still working on the little christening dress! I have 8 rounds left on it and then it will be done! But I do have to make the matching booties and bonnet for it too!

So I guess off to :crochetinging I go!!! :yay:cheer:yay

I'm in Heptagon H*ll.

I'm in the process of making the THIRTY-TWO small Heptagons. I feel like I work on them half the evening, and then when I count how many I have done, somehow I still need to do around 20 more! Then, when I finally, if ever, finish them.. I have to sew the bloody things on the ghan!

I love this project. I really do. It makes me feel accomplished and talented and all kind of good things..... but, man oh man oh man, sometimes I want to throw it against the wall!:lol

... inspire me ladies... please!

I'm in Heptagon H*ll.

I'm in the process of making the THIRTY-TWO small Heptagons. I feel like I work on them half the evening, and then when I count how many I have done, somehow I still need to do around 20 more! Then, when I finally, if ever, finish them.. I have to sew the bloody things on the ghan!

I love this project. I really do. It makes me feel accomplished and talented and all kind of good things..... but, man oh man oh man, sometimes I want to throw it against the wall!:lol

:lol LOL.. I am I haven't got that far.. but I can only imagine... how I am going to feel!!! I thought it took me long just to make the 8 pentagons!!!

So when I get to a tiring rnd... I will have to remember you just to put a smile on my face and keep going!!!

So here is how I will inspire you: " :cheer:cheer:cheer I know you can do it!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

:yay:yay:yay Less than 20 heptagons to go!!! :yay:yay:yay

:yes :applauseYour almost done!!! :applause:yes

I knew you could do it!!!:jumpyayI am so excited for you!!! :woo

:clap:clap:clap

You just got to keep on... for us other late starters to cheer us on!!!

I'm in Heptagon H*ll.

I can't imagine! When I made the 16 big ones, it felt like it took forever. Just keep thinking how close you are to finishing! :clap

Thank you! I know I need to "keep my eyes on the prize" -- I"m so close to being finished.... I even remember doing the 16 heptagons 2 years ago and thinking that I was going to HATE it when I got to 32.. I was right!:lol

Thanks for helping to motivate me. I've got a lazy weekend ahead of me (hopefully) and I'm going to see how many I can get done.

kathryn~just remember for each one done that is one less you have to do. Atleast that is what I keep trying to tell myself whenever I start to feel like I will never finish something.:) you are soooo close to finishing!! I can't wait to see pics!!

I want to get this pattern and join you all soooo bad, I'm bidding on the leaflet on ebay now, was outbid and need to get with hubby to see if I can go higher, your projects look just beautiful, makes me want to take this on soooo much! So, wish me bidding luck :yes

What happened to it on Annie's Attic? They brought it back... in fact, I got myself another copy since mine was old and tattered.... I only bought it a few weeks ago.

It's on Ebay for $100. That's nuts. Aren't they going to print it again?

MY.... I bought mine from Annie's Attic two weeks ago... sure glad I got it when I did then!

I might have missed it, but I couldn't find it when i searched annie's attic, even using the search tool for it, and I'm NOT paying $100 for it, that's not what my auction price is at atm.... My husband would kill me with a crochet hook if I paid $100 for a book with what 10 patterns??? NO WAY!!

I might have missed it, but I couldn't find it when i searched annie's attic, even using the search tool for it, and I'm NOT paying $100 for it, that's not what my auction price is at atm.... My husband would kill me with a crochet hook if I paid $100 for a book with what 10 patterns??? NO WAY!!

I looked too just in case you missed it and I got a message that said the item was out of stock or unavailable. That's so weird! They just re-printed it!

I have a quick update on my blog. I added the half circles and the black border thanks to the help of you guys! Next weekend I'll start filling in the valleys.

http://craftychristina.blogspot.com/2008/04/more-cathderal-rose-progress.html

Well, I found the pattern on Annie's Attic http://www.anniesattic.com/pages/needlecraft/1308/catalogspread11.html that took some searching too, not very familiar with Annie's page, but was met with the same as criskad that the product is out of stock/couldn't be found... I have emailed the web-master to see if more will become available so we'll see... in the meantime I've been outbid on ebay for the book, and hubby won't let me go any higher... something about not enabling my yarn/crochet related acquiring syndrome :sigh

Well, I found the pattern on Annie's Attic http://www.anniesattic.com/pages/needlecraft/1308/catalogspread11.html that took some searching too, not very familiar with Annie's page, but was met with the same as criskad that the product is out of stock/couldn't be found... I have emailed the web-master to see if more will become available so we'll see... in the meantime I've been outbid on ebay for the book, and hubby won't let me go any higher... something about not enabling my yarn/crochet related acquiring syndrome :sigh

Hopefully they will be getting more.. I ordered another pattern from them and they told me it was on back order..so hopefully you can order it and just have to wait for it. I know for the baby afghan that I ordered, they told me it might take up to 30 days for me to get it... and here I wanted to have it made by the end of May! :(

But anyways Good Luck!

I just finished doing the thirty-two small heptagons! I'm done! It feels so nice!:clap

(I'm not thinking about the fact that I now have to sew them on!:lol)

Woohoo!!! That's amazing! :cheer

I'm not looking forward to filling in all of those valleys. So much cutting and reattaching! I'm looking forward to the point when I can work in rounds again!

Archived