Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

I was wanting to ask a question if I could. The pattern calls for two different variegated colors, then black and white. Are any of you, or all of you, using two different variegated colors or just one?

I want to make one, but was just wondering before I go hunt out my yarn.

Thank you in advance.

:devil

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am using one varigated and two solids and then black. it is my understanding that the old pattern askes for different colors than the new pattern.

Im using 2 variegted colors and 2 solid colors.

I think that the hardest part was finding the 2 variegated colors that I wanted together.

Im also using the older pattern.

Here's mine so far. 53.5 inches right now.

th_crochet389.jpgclickable

I'm using 1 varigated and 2 solids and black also.

Wow, its gorgeous! Your colors are really nice. You've gotten very far!

I haven't made any progress since my last pic.

It is very beautiful. I fear that I haven't touched mine since I came in here. I have the main octagon finished & one pentagon...so sad. :( However, I have been getting other things done, so I guess it's not a total loss. I do want to make this afghan though. I'll see if I can get some work in on it in the next couple of weeks or so. Got a lot going on in school & everywhere else. Y'all know how that is.

wow! Heather, that's beautiful

Alesha...I think that if you read through most of the posts in this CAL you will notice that most of us work on this project in spurts. It takes concentration and time...

so we all know how it is. Visit from time to time and just let us know how it goes

Beautiful Dorothy!

I, too, haven't worked on mine in a while. Everyday I tell myself that I'll spend time on it that night... and everynight, I end up here on the Ville instead! I'm so close to the end -- finishing the pyramids in section 3 -- but so far to finishing!

That's pretty Dorothy!

I need to pick out colors for a second one that I need to do this year yet. :lol I just can't decide what colors to go with.

Thank You!!!:yay

I tried about 5 differnt color combinations before I decided on those. Hobby lobby if you have one has A LOT of verigated in I love this yarn!! I love working with it. Black is had to get, it is on back order at the stores I have called.

I am using I love this yarn also but had to use RH for the balck. I hate it, I'm using all this nice soft yarn and then I have to do black and it's rough.

I'm using I love this yarn too except for the Amythesist that's RH.

I know I'm trying to pick another color scheme staying in the ILTY brand and it's so hard to choose.

I started mine. I didn't get to get any new yarn, so I am just improvising with what I already have. So instead of having real veriegated, I am just using a strand of two different colors. And for the single stranded portion, I'll just improvise.

cathedralwindow.jpg

:devil

Archived