Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

Ohhhh how I wish I could find this pattern. Then I wish I could afford it!

Everybody's color choices have been fantastic! Cudos to all of you!

T-

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<chuckles>

Dorothy, did you suggest that those wives learn to crochet and make their own?

Im hopeful that when school lets ou in June, I wll have the time to finish ALL of my lingering projects INCLUDING this one.

<chuckles>

Dorothy, did you suggest that those wives learn to crochet and make their own?

Im hopeful that when school lets ou in June, I wll have the time to finish ALL of my lingering projects INCLUDING this one.

It'd be better yet if *they* learned to crochet and make beautiful presents for their wives.

Raccoon, How great would the world be if all the MEN in it learned to crochet and made presents for those around them?? Ahhh, that would be nice... never gonna happen, but nice to think about :lol

Ada~that would be too nice! :)

i finally made it to the first complete black round. I think it really makes it all come together and has helped me to want to work on it some more. I am working on this as part of the row a day cal...that really helps with this afghan.

While gathering the yarn for this project, thinking about how to put the colors together, I found this book, "201 Crochet motifs, blocks, projects and ideas." It has some pretty circle motifs, and one celtic design that is a square. So I'm thinking about changing the design a bit, for the fun of it.

So, I'd like to ask you all if you know of a circle celtic design that might work for the middle of this afghan.

Hello ladies, I have a question. I am on the round after the first round of popcorn stitches and the afghan seems to be puckering a little. I am thinking it is because I am basically not adding any stitches the past two rows. does this work itself out or have I made a mistake?

Well, I got my hands on the book the pattern is in... or rather it's being shipped to me on Monday.... it's a whole drama where I had to confess to hubby that I spent a DISGUSTING amount of money on the book, and tried to justify it by breaking down the price of it, to price per pattern, and had my hubby claim that I have to have all 10 patterns in the book made within a year of receiving the book.... :eek:rofl

Anyway, once I see the actual materials requirements I'll get the yarn to make it, and get to work :yay

Hello ladies, I have a question. I am on the round after the first round of popcorn stitches and the afghan seems to be puckering a little. I am thinking it is because I am basically not adding any stitches the past two rows. does this work itself out or have I made a mistake?

Mine puckered a bit there as well, but has since flattened out more. It has its stages...pucker, flatten, pucker, flatten.

I still haven't worked on mine!:eek

Well, I got my hands on the book the pattern is in... or rather it's being shipped to me on Monday.... it's a whole drama where I had to confess to hubby that I spent a DISGUSTING amount of money on the book, and tried to justify it by breaking down the price of it, to price per pattern, and had my hubby claim that I have to have all 10 patterns in the book made within a year of receiving the book.... :eek:rofl

Anyway, once I see the actual materials requirements I'll get the yarn to make it, and get to work :yay

Woohoo for getting the pattern!

Love how you justified it to hubby. :lol

It's in the book Annie's Attic Award Winning Afghans.... there are several for auction right now on ebay... I wanna say like 3 or 4 more at least.

That's too funny Ada! What is the name of the book that the pattern is in?

Hey everyone, if you haven't seen already the Cathedral Window pattern is back on Annie's Attic and I ordered mine the night before last.

http://www.anniesattic.com/crochet/detail.html?prod_id=21741

Of course, now that I've seen the other patterns in the book Ada got I want that too, there are some gorgeous 'ghans in there.

I've been watching for a couple weeks for this pattern to become available again... even spoke on the phone with people from Annie's Attic and was told 3 times they were sorry it was discontined and there was nothing they could do, even checked the site again before giving in and bidding on the book on ebay... and now here it is, 2 days after I won the book on ebay, and it's available.... :angry oh that makes me so mad, oh well...

Hey everyone, if you haven't seen already the Cathedral Window pattern is back on Annie's Attic and I ordered mine the night before last.

http://www.anniesattic.com/crochet/detail.html?prod_id=21741

Of course, now that I've seen the other patterns in the book Ada got I want that too, there are some gorgeous 'ghans in there.

I think somebody did it in thread already. I think it would look really cool!

I saw the pattern was in their new catalog they mailed but it still said not on file but that was a week or so ago that I looked. I'm glad it's back.

Well don't worry, I ordered my pattern the minute I saw it online and I check every day. Of course I just got an email, it's on backorder .... grrrr

I was going to order the pattern this weekend and it says temporarily out of stock, but you can order it out and it SHOULD be available around June 15, 2008 it says.

I did see only one on EBay before that and i bid $15 max and it ended this weekend and the pattern went for $37!

I think I'll wait and get the backordered book.

Well, I"ve been on the half circles for a week and a half now! I've been dragging my feet on this. I want to spend time this weekend crocheting, but it was 107 at my house yesterday, and the idea of this on my lap is less than appealing. However, I NEED to finish it. I've committed myself to entering it in the State Fair and I have a deadline now.

Plus, I need to get started on afghans for the NICU -CrisKad is helping me too!... and then there is Christmas crochet etc.........

I really do love this ghan, but I feel like I did as a senior in high school in the last month of school.... 'Yeah, I'm getting outta here, why do I have to do this?" :lol

Kathryn,

Keep going :cheer

I went to order the yarn for mine yesterday, and hubby helped me pick the colors and everything, then he stopped me when I went to check out and said "NOOOOOOOOO" :lol I have to finish a couple projects before he'll let me make this one... :sigh

Now however, I am motivated to get my wip's turned into FO's... lucky for me there are only a couple wip's, it's just that one is the Lace and Bobbles so it's an undertaking... I need to find a way to butter up my hubby so he'll let me buy the yarn... any ideas?

Archived