Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's Great Kathryn!!! I can't wait to see it!!

I'm on the half circles on my #2 CRW

The second set of half circles or the first? Because the picture you showed of the second you had just done the large heptagons, right? Seriously, you impress me!:nworthy

That was the first set of half circles on the second one I'm doing. I'm about to the small heptagons on the first one I'm doing.

Today I was informed I would have to make more of them :lol don't know that that is going to happen. If I do I'll just go to the first set of half circles but I'll just have to see.

That was the first set of half circles on the second one I'm doing. I'm about to the small heptagons on the first one I'm doing.

Today I was informed I would have to make more of them :lol don't know that that is going to happen. If I do I'll just go to the first set of half circles but I'll just have to see.

The second one you are making is for Christmas for your sister, right? Now someone else wants one? Hey, you've been able to do it pretty fast, I say go for it -- as long as the price tag on it is over $1,000 -- otherwise no way!

:lol Boy I wish I could make some big money off these things :lol

If I do do it, I'll just go up to the first group of half circles. Yeah one of them is for my sister. I haven't decided which one she'll get yet :D

I would. This is a SIL that said I would need to make more of them. I don't even know what kind of price to put on these if I ever made one for somebody who wanted to buy one.

I can't find her website anymore, but she was selling it for $800. I truly think that's too little.

I've already completed my entry form for the state fair for this, I marked it as available for sale and I put a price on it of $1200. I don't really expect it to sell, as people tend to completely devalue a handmade item. However, this is a work of art and if you want it... it's $1200!

It is a work of art that's for sure. I agree people do tend to devalue handmade items it's a shame. They just don't know what it takes to make something and make it right.

Just found a typo you'll want to know about. Rnd 4 reads, Ch3, [dc in each of next 2 sts, dc dec, hdc in each of next 20 sts....

It actually is hdc in each of next 10. If you do it as 20, then the dc dec's don't work out in the right spot.

Thanks for pointing that out Kathryn. I'm gong to mark it in my pattern now.

I also found a typo when filling in the peaks and valleys. In Section 3, Round 7, part E: it says " ...dc in each of the next 9dc..." it should say dc in each of the next 7 dc.

Speaking of that section, I finally finished all the peaks and valleys. Boy did those stink to put in. Glad they're done and I can start working in rounds again.

2526070820_331805f395.jpg

all right, y'all are scaring me now with all this peaks and valleys/popcorn talk .. lol

That afghan is gorgeous Christina! What colors are you using?

Thanks everyone!

Buttercup, my hubby picked all the colors. He picked RH Ocean for the variegated and RH lavendar and Baby Soft bluebell for the contrasts.

Its really not a difficult afghan at all! Much easier than it looks. It just gets tedious in some spots because there is alot of cutting and re-attaching, which leads to weaving in ends and ends and ends. :lol I've been weaving them in every few rows so its not too overwhelming.

Wow Christina that is Beautiful!! I'm coming up to the peaks and valley on my CRW #2 and don't look forward to it. :sigh

I'm seriously in awe that you are making 2 of these. Simultaneously! I don't know if I could do another one without years in between them. :lol

I'm seriously in awe that you are making 2 of these. Simultaneously! I don't know if I could do another one without years in between them. :lol

I know if I didn't do them at the same time I'd never get around to doing the second one :lol but I also find that it's easier doing the second one after I've already done the same row on the first one the directions are so much clearer the second time around :lol

Your right it isn't really difficult just tedious in places. I only don't like the filling in the valleys cause I don't think it looks good but after you get further up in the pattern it smooths out.

Not fair!:yell

I am on the LAST ROUND of section 4 -- the very last round of the afghan... and I'm up past my bedtime! I've GOT to go to bed, or I'll be a mess at work-- but oh, how I want to stay up!

Granted, at this size, each round takes me a couple of hours... so I'd have to stay up late. There isn't even a guarantee that I'll finish tomorrow... but I"ll be close!

oh, but then... I have to weave in all the ends!:eek

I can't even tell you how excited I am -- this round has been 2 1/2 years in the making! :hook

Okay girls... I am back in again. I had to finish a baby bonnet and a baby afghan for my gdd. So I had to put it down for a while..but I am working on it again. I am on the second section- Rnd 18. It is starting to get a little scarey..that is trying to read ahead! I just hope I am doing this round correct! The way I am understanding it.. I have to do make the pyramid and fasten off..after each pyramid. That's alot of starting and fastening off. 16 times! Talking about more strings! Which part do you all find that is the hardest round to do?

Archived