Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

I can't believe I missed the re-appearance of that pattern! Grrr! Jadyn05, I too have e-mailed for more information.

Wow, Christina, your 'ghan coming along just beautifully! How fabulous!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard about the pattern being out. I hate that I was going to buy another one for me the one I'm using I borrowed oh well maybe 2 of them is all I'll ever make anyway. Who knows.

I'm hoping to start working again on my 1st one and see if I can get any of those bigger rounds done on it.

I looked too just in case you missed it and I got a message that said the item was out of stock or unavailable. That's so weird! They just re-printed it!

I have a quick update on my blog. I added the half circles and the black border thanks to the help of you guys! Next weekend I'll start filling in the valleys.

http://craftychristina.blogspot.com/2008/04/more-cathderal-rose-progress.html

its gorgeous!

I'm sewing heptagons on this week. I get about 5 or 6 done each night. I figure at this rate, I'm probably 2 or 3 weeks away from being done.

I just looked yesterday and entries for the state fair are due in early July. The fair isn't till mid-August. They only display entries that receive a ribbon - 1st through 3rd place. I'm going to fill out the online entry form today and get this thing done. I'm fair-bound with it!

I just filled out the entry form. Only winning afghans get displayed... so lets hope I get something!

You have to tell them if you are willing to sell it. I decided I'd put a price on it greater than anyone will ever pay-- that way, I'll get to keep it, but if someone actually pays it, I'll be rich!

I was watching an old episode of 20/20 on We tonight and they were in a church and showed a window... I SWEAR was the window this afghan was patterned after... and now, as if it were possible I want the pattern even more :lol

Kathryn~ Good luck in the fair!!

I just filled out the entry form. Only winning afghans get displayed... so lets hope I get something!

You have to tell them if you are willing to sell it. I decided I'd put a price on it greater than anyone will ever pay-- that way, I'll get to keep it, but if someone actually pays it, I'll be rich!

:lol Great plan! I'm sure you'll do great at the fair! This is a stunning afghan...I can't see anyone having something as nice.

I don't think there are fairs in NYC :think or I'd go to one.

I was watching an old episode of 20/20 on We tonight and they were in a church and showed a window... I SWEAR was the window this afghan was patterned after... and now, as if it were possible I want the pattern even more :lol

Kathryn~ Good luck in the fair!!

The Cathedral Rose Window is patterned after this http://www.elore.com/Gothic/Features/Paris/north_rose.htm window in Notre Dame. I got to see this window in person back in 1997 and its even more breathtaking in person!

I finally got all the small heptagons sewn on last night. My Jimbo H hook arrived this week and now I'm doing the rounds in black in my Jimbo hook. ohhhhhhhh it's so nice! I didn't get much time in yesterday and am hoping to have time today to sit and crochet and get started working on the half circles.

The end is in sight and it only took 2 1/2 years to get there!:lol

:yay Kathryn the end is in sight :lol

I'm almost to the first row of popcorns on my 2nd one. I need to get working again on the first one. Maybe next week.

Annie's attic is a tease, the pattern was sold out after it's reappearance... well they put it in the May catalog... as a mistake, so it still can't be ordered because it shows up as having been discontinued... but the customer service rep was really nice and very apologetic.... :sigh

Here is what's upsetting. I just did a search on Ebay for Completed Listings for this pattern. Found that the same person listed this pattern twice. So, I pulled up her selling history, and since March 1st she has sold this leaflet 9 times.:eek

Why would Annie's sell this to the same person that many times? When she placed an order for multiple items didn't they give this any thought? If the pattern was previously selling for $80 on a regular basis so that they decided to bring it back, when people purchased large multiples of it, didn't they think maybe they needed to limit how many were sold to each person?

Kathryn, you're getting so close! That's awesome! I haven't touched a stitch on mine at all this weekend.

I can't believe they discontinued it again! That's insane considering how much the pattern is in demand.

ugh i just started attaching the 16 large heptagons.

i believe that if i ever went to ****, all id do is attach these things 24/7. complete punishment!!

did anyone else have problems with the number of sitches involved? there are i think 5 extra stitches on my heptagons than there are in each section im supposed to sew them in. does that make any sense??

its very frustrating.:angry:(

ugh i just started attaching the 16 large heptagons.

i believe that if i ever went to ****, all id do is attach these things 24/7. complete punishment!!

did anyone else have problems with the number of sitches involved? there are i think 5 extra stitches on my heptagons than there are in each section im supposed to sew them in. does that make any sense??

its very frustrating.:angry:(

oops i didnt know that the word h-ll would be blocked out.

I just finished attaching the small ones and am going around in Black now. And yes, I seem to have more stitches than they say. It does seem to bring back memories of that happening last time (although it was a looooooong time ago!) and it all ends up working out.

I just finished attaching the small ones and am going around in Black now. And yes, I seem to have more stitches than they say. It does seem to bring back memories of that happening last time (although it was a looooooong time ago!) and it all ends up working out.

do the heptagons ever flatten out? right now theyre either sunken or poofy because of the one sided decreases i have to do.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I am having problems getting the rest of the yarn to work on mine. So it is back to sitting in a basket, evertime one of hubbys friends come over they seem to think that I need to make one for their wives!! I want to tell them that they are all crazy!!!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I am having problems getting the rest of the yarn to work on mine. So it is back to sitting in a basket, evertime one of hubbys friends come over they seem to think that I need to make one for their wives!! I want to tell them that they are all crazy!!!

lol. men are so silly. if they only knew...:devil

Archived