Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

The attaching and re-attaching is definitely the worst part. I found filling in the peaks and valleys in Section 3 to be the worst. But I haven't done the large row of popcorns yet, so I may change my mind about that. :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yay Kathryn!! I can't wait to see the photo of it!!!

I got my valleys filled in last night. :whew I didn't think I'd get it done in one day. still have to do it on the first one then one more time on this second one.

I just got this pattern and am getting ready to start on it. Can someone tell what brand of yarn do they use? I was thinking of trying "I love this yarn". Would Red Heart be better or one of the more softer brands would work.:think

Dizzy, we're all using different kinds of yarn. Some are using I love this yarn, some Red Heart, some Homespun. This pattern seems to work with a variety of yarns.

I just finished the last round! I'm done! Ok.. I need to weave in the ends, but I don't want to think about that yet! I started this 2 1/2 years ago. In all, I put in about 7 to 8 months of work at night and on weekends. This has been the best thing for my crochet confidence ever! Thank you for helping me along with this!

100_3755.jpg

:yay:yay:yayWow wow wow!!! Kathryn, it's gorgeous!! Seeing yours all finished is an inspiration to get moving on mine!:yay:yay:yay

Its going to win at the fair, I know it!!! We'll celebrate when you win! :cheer

WOW! I can't believe this CAL has been going on for so long! :eek

All of the pictures look awesome! It makes me want to make this afghan! :yes Somebody...PLEASE....talk me out of it!!! :no

Tell me it's too late to join this CAL! It cost too much for the yarn...anything!!!!! :yarn

WOW! I can't believe this CAL has been going on for so long! :eek

All of the pictures look awesome! It makes me want to make this afghan! :yes Somebody...PLEASE....talk me out of it!!! :no

Tell me it's too late to join this CAL! It cost too much for the yarn...anything!!!!! :yarn

Actually Holly, the lovely thing about a CAL - is you an join anytime!

The great thing about RHSS is you can make the ghan for around $30(ish)

The mean thing about me -- I refuse to talk you out of it!:lol

me either :lol Come on jump in!! I'm doing 2 at the same time so you surely can do one :hook

Okay....I took the plunge!!! :yay Annie's Attic was "Out of Stock", so I actually bought the pattern on EBay! I'm just dying to get my hands on it! :yes I can hardly wait to start looking at different yarns and picking out colors. It's been a long time since I was excited about making an afghan. While I'm waiting for the pattern to arrive, I'll focus on finishing the shawl I'm making for my daughter.

Kathryn you have done a gorgeous job with that. I bought all my yarn for this and well I started made one part never put anything together gave up and well all the yarn is in a bag sitting.

You're going to laugh, but I keep coming back to this thread to admire your afghan! Its beautiful!

I also keep coming back to admire. This afghan is on my list of MUST-DOs. I just need to patiently wait to find the pattern.

Okay....I took the plunge!!! :yay Annie's Attic was "Out of Stock", so I actually bought the pattern on EBay! I'm just dying to get my hands on it! :yes I can hardly wait to start looking at different yarns and picking out colors. It's been a long time since I was excited about making an afghan. While I'm waiting for the pattern to arrive, I'll focus on finishing the shawl I'm making for my daughter.

You might be the one who outbid me for this!! :P I just can't bring myself to pay that much for the book (and especially for the single pattern). One day I'll come across it :yes

I bought my colors last night. I went to Hobby Lobby and got every color I needed in "I Love this Yarn". It seems Thursdays are their stock days-all the new stuff comes in. I have to finish a shawl for my mother-in-law then I am going to start on this afghan. I am so excited to get started. One question though-did you have to do a lot of changes to the original pattern. I have tried to read some of the CAL about changes, but haven't had time to go through all of it.

I bought my colors last night. I went to Hobby Lobby and got every color I needed in "I Love this Yarn". It seems Thursdays are their stock days-all the new stuff comes in. I have to finish a shawl for my mother-in-law then I am going to start on this afghan. I am so excited to get started. One question though-did you have to do a lot of changes to the original pattern. I have tried to read some of the CAL about changes, but haven't had time to go through all of it.

I've got to go to Hobby Lobby! I've never used "I Love This Yarn"...I need to check it out!

I'm about to start my last row of popcorns! :yay I'm getting them closer to done. I'm on the set of 32 small heptagons on the 1st one and last row of popcorns on the 2nd one :woo

Archived