Anyone else like me????

Hello All,

Just a fun question for the masses!!!

Do you have more "want to do projects" than time to do them??

My husband saw my "pattern stash" the other night and was amazed. He told me if I crocheted 24 hours a day for the rest of my life I would never get them all done. :lol

I have built my stash from free patterns and it is huge. :c9

I will only work on one project at a time because if I do more than that I get confused. (a pretty standard state for me, but two projects at once makes the confusion worse! ;))

Regular life really gets in the way of crocheting sometimes and I just wondered if there were more out there like me. :manyheart

Thanks,

Toni

I know exactly what your talking about. I also seem to enjoy collecting the patterns and yarn more than actually working on the projects. Finding the time to do the crocheting is always the problem. At times I finally have time to crochet and I'm tired. I dont quite understand it but thats they way I am.

So I keep collecting patterns and yarn for them and hopefully one day I will get to it.

Oh yes, I am just like you, except that I usually have at least two things in the works at a time. Right now I am working on two doilies and an afghan/throw.

I have often said that I have more patterns than I could possibly make in my remaining days!! :lol Even if I crocheted 'round the clock!

Oh yeah! Patterns galore and I'll never, ever have enough time in my life to complete all the ones I would like to do. But I look at it this way - if an occasion arises for that type of pattern, I have plenty to choose from!

Oh definitely! I get so overwhelmed with my want to make list sometimes. I finally started a notebook where I keep notes on my current project and my future projects to get it out of my head and on paper.

I keep several projects going all the time. One small project at work for slow days, one small thing for car, doctors appointments, etc. One mindless thing for TV watching. Christmas presents . . . I have way to much going on at once!

I'm exactly the same except for the one project only business - I'm a multi-tasker and right now have 5 projects going - a bedspread, baby afghan, regular afghan, kids afghan & a hat. What happens is some projects get to big to tote around so I have to have something new to work on that I can take!!!

I have so many patterns I want to make and a couple dozen I've started at one time or another to go back and complete. I keep them in ziploc bags so that I can go back at anytime and work on them some more.

:yes Isn't it the truth?! Right now I've got 2 embroidery projects, 2 crochet projects and 1 watercolor project in the works! Half of one of my closets is devoted to all my sewing & crafting stashes. And I'm one of those people who needs my house to be "just so" before I'll sit down and work on my stuff! The upside is that I'm never bored!

I am so glad I am not the only one. I have been feeling really scattered lately. I have a few things going - but none of them are getting worked on - because I just keep looking through all my magazines, and scouring the web for other things. Like a previous poster,I think I acutally have more fun collecting than actually crocheting. LOL.

I Need to start keeping a notebook of things I want to do. And I need to finish up what I started before starting anything else.

No, not at all, if I live to be 200 years old!:lol

Seriously, I have so many patterns I want to do its insane! I usually have several projects going at once and several WIP's in bags on the floor of one of my guest rooms! Just yesterday I was reading a pattern that I just love and since it calls for "stash" yarn I began to make "ONE" square so I could see how it looks. By this morning I have one row put together and am working on the side pieces (which the pattern is really confusing on). Now I have a challenge - make my own pattern for side pieces! So, my umpteenth Bearghan is sitting waiting to be finished!

Not to mention the 7 rag quilts I am working on for my grandkids for Christmas. Almost 3 done - 4 to go! Can we push Christmas this year back to February???

No hope for me!:P

Lynn

Well yes there are others like you. I have a lot of free patterns also, but I mostly have them for ideas, not because I intend to make them all. One item I like the size of, but another has an edging I like, etc.

I do have enough yarn stash to last me until the next lifetime, but it doesn't upset me. I love it! It gives me plenty to use and to give as gifts and RAOKS. I make rugs ~ I need lots of stash. Now I have an idea for curtains and for that, I'll really need stash.

I have a small filing box, four magazine holder and various patterns in my craft room, I also have a shelf of crochet and plastic canvas books. I've often wondered how I'd ever get them all done!

I just started keeping track of future and current projects in a notebook this summer. I also have tons of patterns that could last me a few lifetimes. However I spend way more time crocheting then I do looking for patterns. :hook

I just consider my collection to be project and gift ideas. :D

Sore

I have lots of patterns (mostly afghan), but I figure at this point I could still do all the ones I want to do in my current lifetime. There's a lot of other patterns that simply came with those, and that's ok because they may be just perfect to make for a gift for someone in the future. :)

Of course, when you start adding up additional craft projects like knitting patterns, or needlepoint, or cross stitch... it could get to be a bit touch and go as to if I'll ever be able to do all I want in my lifetime!

Archived