Snowtime like the present to crochet CAL

darski

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Granny square~he is cute!!

Darski~sorry to hear about your wrists. Take it easy so that you can get back to crocheting.

I have the basket part done with one earmuff. It is already looking cute. I was explaining it to a coworker who collects snowmen and think I have talked myself into making another one for her. They do work up quickly and easily.

Everyones items are so adorable :clap

My snowman is coming along Body, head and one arm is done so far... I need to go to Walmart or michaels in the morning as I want to do his coat green and red and I dont have those colors in the type of yarn I used. I bought so much yarn this year you would think I would have it :blush

Finally finished my little snowman, he's only 4" tall.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb272/grannysquare/Snowman5a.jpg

Granny Square... he is just completely adorable. I love him.:hug:hook

I have been doing my continental knitting for a couple of days as it is smoother and easier on my wrists. They are still sore but I want to get some snowman made this weekend.

I think I will try that stocking but it will be much larger if I do it in the WW yarn instead of the thread. could be fun. :wlol

I love your little peppermint snowman. I have that pattern (it's also in 'Mad About Scraps' a book I got last year...) I have been wanting to make it. Yours is adorable! I would love to join in this CAL after I am done moving, maybe (tomorrow :eek).... Maybe I'll finally do the peppermint snowman, too. :sman

Everyone's snowman baskets are cute, too.

Finally finished my little snowman, he's only 4" tall.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb272/grannysquare/Snowman5a.jpg

Did anyone post the link for this snowman bib? Pretty cute. Freddie the snowman? Hope I'm not double posting what someone else already did... Here is a picture frame snowman someone made up, here at Crochetville; that's cute.

Snowman Basket..... okay I did not get the AA free pattern of the day with the snowman candy basket. Can anyone tell me if it was published in a magazine or if it may be available on the internet for purchase? These are absolutely adorable!!!

Also I have a Holiday Yearbook of Crochet and it has a snowman that is 12" tall that has latchhook fringe on it.... My question is it requires 2 poly beanbags no size or anything. Can these be found at HL or Michaels? Any suggestions? or alternatives?

Thanks.

Love the pepermint snowman how adorable!!!!!!now that I finished up the halloween scarf I was doing can now get to the snowman :lol Look so cute having a collection of them around!when I was in the grocery store they had plates and cups potholder towels all with snowman on them :lol thinking how cute a table would be all decked out with snowman theme!!

Snowman Basket..... okay I did not get the AA free pattern of the day with the snowman candy basket. Can anyone tell me if it was published in a magazine or if it may be available on the internet for purchase? These are absolutely adorable!!!

Thanks.

This is the copyright info from the pattern if you have that mag.

Copyright © 2005. Annie's Favorite Crochet

Also I have a Holiday Yearbook of Crochet and it has a snowman that is 12" tall that has latchhook fringe on it.... My question is it requires 2 poly beanbags no size or anything. Can these be found at HL or Michaels? Any suggestions? or alternatives?

Thanks.

Granny Square also posted a link to the snowman basket pattern for purchase on e-pattern central. Here it is again:

http://www.e-patternscentral.com/detail.html?prod_id=3572&cat_id=583&criteria=

As for the poly beanbags, you could just use rice or small dried beans in the bottom of the snowman before you stuff it. If you're concerned that it will get wet or whatever, you could make a little pouch by putting it in the middle of some plastic wrap then tying it with string.

Thanks everyone! :manyheart The peppermint snowman pattern was in the December 2005 Crochet World, and Mom w/a Motif said it was also in a "Mad About Scraps" book.

I like the idea of the snowball doily attached to the Freddy Snowman pattern to turn it into a table topper :yes

Just checking in...

I did start on my stocking but I want to work it from the toe up so I am doing it a bit differently. however, it is still very hard on my wrist.

I find that I have to be nice just hitting the keys on the keyboard or that hurts. :sigh

well I will just go slowly until this heals a bit. We also did the time change last night so my body goes into time shock and it takes me a week to get back in sync with the new time. :wlol

ttys

Sorry to hear your wrist still hurts :( and I know how you feel about the time change...

I am almost done with my snowman I am now working on the vest.. After the vest I have his mittens to do and his nose and mouth :clap He is so cute :2snowman

Hi Everyone,

Just checking in - I still have 3 snowmen heads only (no ear muffs or noses) for the candydishes. Didn't get much accomplished.

I do have the pattern printed for the snowman stocking though - so there is a start. right:D

I started working on a snowman from a pattern that I printed off of somewhere ~ can't remember where it came from but it was in my pile! :think I'll have to fudge it a little tho because the hat isn't crocheted and it has a pipe in his mouth. Does anyone know where I can find a crochet pattern for the top hat?

Well I didnt make any thing except a small heart square this week and pair of what I thought would be like burnt turkey looking earrings looks more like black owls to me :lol

since my printer is down I have to use the computer to read the patterns for snowman and dh was computer hog:lol

Well, I don't know how I am going to do this but I think i need to take a week off from crochet and knitting.

It is beyond my comprehension how anyone gets through a week without crochet but I will have to try.

Now if I have to give up crochet, knitting and computers

:eek arrrrggghhhh :eek

no really, I'll be fine. :scared

:wlol

Woohoo! The holiday mart is over. Almost none of my stuff sold so I have Christmas gifts taken care of :D Now I can get back to the snowmen. I can't believe how many patterns there are.

:hugsorry that you didnt have a good luck with the holiday mart but glad to hear that you can use them for christmas gift!:cheer

:lol:eek I suppose that I wasnt thinking when you guys said that this snowman was small !!cute for a little gift to give someone! I started it and forgot to go up on the hook and add some more to make him come out bigger oh well cant wait until I get him done and see what it all looks like so small.:lol

well I finally bought the pattern from e-patterns and am ready to get crocheting this cutie! I made the base and the basket (the bottom part) and sc them together but I'm not happy with the way it turned out. Is each piece done in a spiral? Also, for round 1 - I just made 6sc in the ring...did anyone else do that as well? Did anyone use a bigger hook? Thanks so much for any advice you can offer :)

Archived