Snowtime like the present to crochet CAL

darski

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have my stocking and will post pics tomorrow. I still don't have snowflakes on the top part ...well we can discuss that tomorrow along with a concern I have about my snowperson on the stocking.

I also have my snowtime scarf well underway. My snowman portion is complete and now it is just rows of dc for as long as the scarf may be. Mine is very large... I'll take a pic on a magazine to give a sense of scale for it tomorrow.

Gotta go check my battery stash to make sure I can take pics tomorrow :wlol

Could I join with knitting projects? for some reason, most of the christmas stuff I need to do is knitting, although there are a few crochet items. I am making hats and scarfs or kneck warmers, and maybe hand warmers if I have time. Boy do i have alot to do. I have my daughters boyfriends present to do, my brother and brother in laws to do, two more scarfs for my sons teachers assistants, one scarf on the needles for his care giver that's half done. My daughters want hand warmers but they might get theres done after christmas. Right now whats going is a scarf on 15 us needles with thick ribbon with fun fur on the sides of the ribbon, and a hat on two needles for the boyfriend of my daughters. Count down is on!

Could I join with knitting projects? for some reason, most of the christmas stuff I need to do is knitting, although there are a few crochet items. I am making hats and scarfs or neck warmers, and maybe hand warmers if I have time. Boy do i have a lot to do. I have my daughters boyfriends present to do, my brother and brother in laws to do, two more scarfs for my sons teachers assistants, one scarf on the needles for his care giver that's half done. My daughters want hand warmers but they might get theirs done after Christmas. Right now whats going is a scarf on 15 us needles with thick ribbon with fun fur on the sides of the ribbon, and a hat on two needles for the boyfriend of my daughters. Count down is on!

Absolutely you can join. I have more than a couple of knitting items on the go myself. Sounds like you have some very nice things to make:hug

About my pics!!! We had absolutely no sun to day at all. it was as grey as a November day here. if we get a hint of sun tomorrow I will try again. I hate grey November days and even more so when they come in December. :wlol

here is my snowtime scarf - well as far as I have gotten so far. I had to put it on an angle to get more of it in the pic :wlol

snowtime2.jpg

And here is my stocking. I made some changes to allow for the different process in going toe up instead of top down.

snowtime1.jpg

My snowman face/ hat brim is 3D. Firstly,

I have to admit that I am just plain bad at faces so we will ignore that part for now.

My question/concern is about the 'floating' nature of my snowman's head. It actually looks pretty good in the pic but in RL I am wondering if if needs shoulders to help ground it better?

Any opinions?

Oh and I decided to skip the snowflakes part as I cannot work the fine yarn right now. :sigh

They are both wonderful! I think the stocking snowman looks fine, I think his scarf anchors him sufficiently. With all the colors, icicles going on in the stocking I don't think anyone would miss the snowflakes, but just an idea - what if you embroidered or surface slip stitched them on?

I know what you mean about the weather - this is the first day in about 3 weeks we haven't had pea soup fog. But, that's only because it's supposed to rain instead!! :rain

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this CAL is coming to an end for another year and that is as it should be. I am finally getting my scarf done. it is a challenge to work on that black yarn with mediocre lighting but I am almost there. Maybe one more foot to go. :snow

Edited to add that I just finished the snowman scarf and have tidied the ends - colour that one done :yay

I never did manage to make that cute snowman candy holder that we started with. Well maybe in January.

Archived