Snowtime like the present to crochet CAL

darski

I got it finished. My oldest begged to be my "model" ... hehe ... I used Peaches and Cream.

2974258115_1ded25b800_m.jpg

This turned out better than I thought it would. I just might have to make up a few more of these.

your snowman is almost as wonderful as your model. I really like the red earmuffs. I haven't decided on a colour for that yet.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok finally got mine done. I didn't have any black felt so I used black tape. I am going to make some of these for teacher gifts I think.

snowman1.jpg

this looks like a goodly size for these. I found mine is taking more time than I thought. Well ok, the mistakes got in my way and in my mind so it is hard to get it done now.

I love yours and the tape is a cute idea.

As promised....here's my Christmas Tree Skirt that I just finished! I am about half way done with my snowman basket!

th_DSCN0183.jpg

i really lke this tree skirt. I couldn't find any patterns for them at Michael's when I looked but I will try again. I think my aunt might like one.

Didy ou see the newest issue of Talking Crochet (e-mail)?

It has a snowman applique stocking

Snowman Stocking

Debbi

Oh wow!!!! :yaythat is so neat.

I would like that instead of a gift bag for the little girl I gift at Christmas. it could really make the day.

I have some yarn in those colours but I think the Bernat is heftier than what they used. Would be awfully WOW though...

Oh, that stocking is cute, I like all the colors and 'mixed media'. And well done on the baskets (and skirt) so far. :clap

I'm going to quit lurking and join in. A couple of years ago Crochet World had a 'Peppermint People' pattern in thread that I wanted to try but never did, here is my excuse! :sman

Oh, that stocking is cute, I like all the colors and 'mixed media'. And well done on the baskets (and skirt) so far. :clap

I'm going to quit lurking and join in. A couple of years ago Crochet World had a 'Peppermint People' pattern in thread that I wanted to try but never did, here is my excuse! :sman

:cheer

Thanks everyone for the stuffing help! The next one I try I may do the handle different so I can stuff it. I kept getting the stuffing bunched up and coming out the stich holes! I ended up using buttons for the eyes and mouth. I will take a picture soon and post it.

Love the snowman stocking but looks a little difficult!

Oh...and someone posted the link a couple pages back for the tree skirt pattern! Thank you! :hug

Love the snowman stocking but looks a little difficult!

I was thinking for a quicker stocking (and easier) a different stocking and just the snowman applique might be an idea. I think there are some easy ones on the web somewhere... And the snowman applique might be cute on other things, like potholders, afghan squares or whatever.

Debbi

Hey that's a good idea about using the snowman on an easier stocking...now my interest in up!

I had time this evening to take a picture of my snowman baskt. The ear muffs are really a dark green but they look almost black in the picture. What do y'all think?

DSCN0185.jpg?t=1225249583

See I really like that snowman basket I had to post it twice!:lol

You crack me up! You can have all the cherry ones but I'll fight ya for the vanilla!!!:)

Sorry about the size of the picture...I forgot to resize it before posting. :blush

You Snowman with the buttons came out so cute.

I have heads for 2 complete and am working on a 3rd now. This is between a halloween afghan (it won't be finished for tomorrow, so i'm setting my sites on January!) and a RR for my bedroom.

They do work up quickly!

Woohoo, I found my pattern! Yea! It was in my car...I must've grabbed that and the coupon together and then just left that in there. It's all trampled from my kids stepping on it, but still read-able! So as soon as I get some free time, I will start it. Aside from my plans to make them for teachers and MIL, hubby said last night that I need to make some for the receptionists at work. So I will have snowmen coming out of my ears pretty soon. :cheer

I love what we are seeing so far.

About joining the CAL... everyone who wants in is in! The more the merrier. :ghug

I have hit a snag myself though... I have been overdoing everything lately (crochet, knit and computer mousing) so that my wrists are now yelling at me. I don't know how I can not crochet :eek but I have to go more slowly than I did yesterday.

I made two :knit discloths, some on my :knit glittery bias scarf, :crocheting a water bottle cozy and more on my :crocheting snowman basket ... before giving up and just ripping it back to the join for the base as it was just wrong, wrong, wrong. :(

I will try not to crochet or knit today so I still won't have a snowman. :ohdear

Woohoo, I found my pattern! Yea! It was in my car...I must've grabbed that and the coupon together and then just left that in there. It's all trampled from my kids stepping on it, but still read-able! So as soon as I get some free time, I will start it. Aside from my plans to make them for teachers and MIL, hubby said last night that I need to make some for the receptionists at work. So I will have snowmen coming out of my ears pretty soon. :cheer

:clapThat is a great idea for poeple at work!!

Deb, I really like yours with the buttons! We are really working up a snowman army here :)

I'm sorry about your wrists, Darski. I have been arguing with my tennis elbow all summer (and I don't play tennis - more like yardwork elbow) but it keeps winning. It doesn't let me crochet more than an hour, two max, a day :2nono

This little peppermint snowman is sooo tiny...all these itty bitty pieces, oh my!

Archived