Snowtime like the present to crochet CAL

darski

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes I think it looks a lot better stuffed, to round the snowman's head. I wasn't able to get time to work on it yesterday but hope to after church today. I will write down what I did. I hope to make a second one & if I do, I'll add 4 or 5 more rows at the top instead of 2. It looks good now but would look better if he was a little taller. The width is perfect but needs more height. I have a short chubby snowman hehe

I will write down what I did & try to post it this evening or tomorrow.

Oh as far as the stuffing goes, it slips in from the bottom. The bowl has an inside wall going straight up & then an outside wall (his face) going down the outside & the stuffing goes in between the two. Then you crochet the outside to the free loops on the bottom of the bowl to close the head up. The plastic bowl or can keeps the inside round while you stuff it. You can remove the lining item but I think I'm keeping the margarine bowl in it to hold the candy. This will make fun gifts for Christmas.

Ok...so I guess I did my stuffing wrong. This makes sense! Mine is a little too stuffed! I always do tend to overdue things! Oh well...I'm gonna continue on.

Darski, I'm sorry it's not going well with the snowman. That scarf is super cute though! I can't wait to see it.

Cheryl, your basket is cute & so is your son!

I finished the crochet part but I still need to put on the eyes & mouth if I can find some black felt. If not I'll crochet his eyes & mouth. I will get a pic up today.

I completed mine, however I did use an I hook and it is a bit bigger then following the pattern. you can fit a skein of peaches and cream cotton into it :).

This is a perfect size for what I need them for. I'll post pics when I find my camera. Its still amoung the missing. :eek

I started doing the snowman from Cara's site....Got the link from Darskis 1st post....Im done with the body and now working on the head, Boy he takes alot of stuffing LOL....Good thing Xmas is coming because I go to Michaels after xmas and buy all of their Buffalo Snow and use it for stuffing all my crochet items that need stuffing and Its half price like 1.50 a bag :hook

Oh Shell is your basket ever cute! I bought buttons to do my eyes and mouth. I had so much trouble stuffing the handle that I gave up! I attached mine without stuffing it...is there a secret to getting the stuffing in that small hole without it clumping up?

i have been watching this thread as I want to make a snowman of some sort for my mom for christmas. I was seeing how fast and how cute the snowman from AA free pattern a day was turning out. I was making myself mad because I didn't get it printed out. That was untill I went down stairs and found that I had left it up on my computer (I usually use our laptop upstairs). I was even luckier when it let me print it out! :clap so one of these days I will be joining you to make one of these.

i have been watching this thread as I want to make a snowman of some sort for my mom for christmas. I was seeing how fast and how cute the snowman from AA free pattern a day was turning out. I was making myself mad because I didn't get it printed out. That was untill I went down stairs and found that I had left it up on my computer (I usually use our laptop upstairs). I was even luckier when it let me print it out! :clap so one of these days I will be joining you to make one of these.

:clap

Your snowmen look so cute!

I'm dying to do this pattern. I KNOW I printed it but I cannot find it anywhere!! I also printed a coupon from Joann's that day and I'm praying that I did not print them on the same paper because if I did, the lady at Joann's ripped it when I used it on Saturday. :(

I did my handel differently than the instructions. I did a chain of 64 then did 6 rows of sc, then joined the long sides together. To stuff, I just put small amounts of the fiberfill in at a time and pushed it to the middle with my hook. I stuffed from both sides, then sewed the shorter ends closed.

Idagrammy, that's a nice snowman! Like the purple ear muffs. :)

Thanks for the compliments on mine. I stuffed the handle from both ends like idagrammy did. I used a pencil on the eraser side to get the stuffing down through the handle (my hook kept going through the stuffing instead of pushing it along the tube). I did the handle by the pattern but I didn't count the rows around. I just crocheted a tube until it was the right size.

Archived