Snowtime like the present to crochet CAL

darski

For the last couple of years we have done a CAL around the Snowman theme. I just collected Annie's freebie for today (Wed Oct 22) and it got me to thinking it might be time to start this puppy up for 2008.

Rachel has some snowman type patterns available here.

I have to make another mantle mitten this year and want to try a couple of other snowman/snow woman ideas?

:snow:2snow Is anyone else interested in our Snow theme this year?:2snow:snow

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have found that AOL can be tricky as well.

I am still debating the freebie for today, I am still trying to figure out how they do this one from the instructions. Not to mention that I don't have a pop can :wlol

On to the mantle mitten to start this one.

I have found that AOL can be tricky as well.

I am still debating the freebie for today, I am still trying to figure out how they do this one from the instructions. Not to mention that I don't have a pop can :wlol

On to the mantle mitten to start this one.

I would like to join as well! I wanted to make some last year but didn't get the chance. This year it will be easier for me.

The free one looks like the soda can is just to hold it in place while you stuff, then then remove it after Round 35? I'm not sure why... :think So maybe any cup the size of the basket would work... I don't think you use the can as part of the basket? Or do you put it back in? I would think so, but I'm confused now...

Crochet Snowman - this looks cute and easy!

Debbi

i would like to join too. about the pop can, i made a pumkin candy dish and used a small vegie can. just have to squess it a little. i put duct tape around the top so no body gets cut.

Me too, me too! :jumpyay I love snowmen! :heart:2snowman I think there is one in one of the magazines from last year that I would love to try! I'm almost finished with a Christmas Tree Skirt that I'm working on so I should be able to start by the weekend!

Me too, me too! :jumpyay I love snowmen! :heart:2snowman I think there is one in one of the magazines from last year that I would love to try! I'm almost finished with a Christmas Tree Skirt that I'm working on so I should be able to start by the weekend!

Deb what treee skirt are you doing? Is there a pttern? I am trying to make one up, since I kept starting patterns I saw online, and didn't like them. :(

I am getting there on the snowman basket from yesterday's Annie pattern. for some reason, I was thinking that I would crochet down to the inside but in fact it works to the outside - which is much easier. Never met a pattern I couldn't make more complicated. I might make my earmuffs in green to match my other snow woman container.

I saved the Annie's snowman basket too & plan to start it today or tomorrow so I am in on the CAL! :clap The ear muffs are adorable as a handle!

Is it really small Darski? I might have to try to make it larger or make the original first & then try to enlarge it (when I know what I'm doing lol) . From the pic it looks nice sized, since the middle is holding a bunch of candy but that can be deceiving. I would want it large enough to hold a bag of candy rather than be a little shelf decoration or tree ornament. It would look great on my coffee table in the LR. Sometimes it is nice seeing something in a pic as a scale.

I have the yarn so I might start it today.

I'm making the snowman basket, too :clap

It is a lot smaller than I thought it would be - a one person good basket as opposed to a family sized one. I don't understand the stuffing of the body though. Never made anything like this before.

I'll even join the CAL. This'll be my first :)

Hmm.. I would like it larger too, but like kazily said, make one the size it is and then try to make one larger.

It says:

Finished Size

3 1/2 inches tall x 9 inches across

So even though it says 9 inches across, that could include the stuffing. 3 1/2 inches tall isn't very tall.

These might be cute to give out as gifts though. Put a little gift inside of it for them. Kind of like the coffee mugs you see filled with candy or other items.

Debbi

I'm making the snowman basket, too :clap

It is a lot smaller than I thought it would be - a one person good basket as opposed to a family sized one. I don't understand the stuffing of the body though. Never made anything like this before.

I'll even join the CAL. This'll be my first :)

think the stuffing is to give the bottom more sturdiness.:thinkI geuss so if the candy is gone:lol

I am getting along on it and it is very easy to make so it would be easy to enlarge once you know the method. the stuffing is going to be easier than I thought as I guessed it would work to the inside.

However, it is working to the outside (think fountain :wlol ) so I will just set the stuffing in nicely and then finish that row where it joins to theBase. i seem to have gotten some extra stitches on mine and had to use a 5mm hook so it is a tad larger than they planned but it is still small by my standards. i too thought it would be a "candy dish" size to place by the door for the season but it is cute.

yes the stuffing goes into the sides to make him healthy, jolly snowman. I'll take a pic when I get to that point to show the stuffing going in.

BTW... I just found this totally neat scarf pattern in free original patterns. I would love to see this one done :dreaming ... or I could do it maybe :eek

yes the stuffing goes into the sides to make him healthy, jolly snowman. I'll take a pic when I get to that point to show the stuffing going in.

BTW... I just found this totally neat scarf pattern in free original patterns. I would love to see this one done :dreaming ... or I could do it maybe :eek

:lolthat must be my problem I been doing to many crafts and got the stuffing stuck to my sides!!!:lol

Oh that is cute scarf!!:clap

Archived