Place to store dolls

Last week, I decided to make a doll for a friend, who was feeling down in the dumps, thought it might cheer her up.

Anyway, I had to dig through a big box, to find the doll I was looking for, and DH came in to see what I was doing, in making all that noise.

He told me to put the dolls on the table, and maybe we could figure out how to store them, so I don’t have to dig all the time.

So here are what I had in the box. The ones on top, the 10” lots of Love babies are on Sale at Annie’s Attic for $2.99.

th_MessofDolls.gif (clickable)

We were looking for new pillows and on Bed Bath and Beyond, we found clear vinyl over the door shoe storage. Figured what could we lose? If they didn’t work for the dolls, it would work for yarn. They finally came and here is the end result. I have 2. One in the front bedroom and one, of course, on the door in the computer room. They are so cool.

th_DollsinWaiting.gif (clickable)

That is a wonderful storage idea. I took one look at all those dolls and thought "OMG!" This should make it a lot easier to inventory your babies.

I use one of the hanging sweater holders in my closet in place of a linen cabinet/closet, and use a hanging shoe holder to hold my bras (the ones that have shaping to the cups that get crushed if stuffed in a drawer.

Amazing what a little ingenuity will result!

What a helpful hubby! I never thought of using those for yarn even...now I must get one and try er out :D Can't wait til we move here in a few months and hopefully get a house that I can have my own craft space! No more searching like a frantic woman for scrapin' and yarnin' stuff! :eek

:manyheart That's why I love the Ville, so many awesome ideas from the most creative people I know!! :hug

:cheer Great job to both you and hubby for your organizing skills! :clap

Naked Babies :eek

Upside down Babies :eek

Naked Upside down Babies that can't breathe :eek

I just wanna put those little black strips all over the picture - :devil

But seriously, great idea.

What a great idea!

I use one of those to store my compression stockings. (hate them but need them :P) When I had them in a drawer, they took up too much space. Now, I roll a pair together and put one pair in each pocket.

What a helpful hubby! I never thought of using those for yarn even...now I must get one and try er out No more searching like a frantic woman for scrapin' and yarnin' stuff!

I use one for my yarn and it's okay for the projects I am currently working on which is nice because it forces me to finish the project before I can get more yarn out. One pounders are a tight fit and only one 16 once skein will fit in each pocket so I still need under bed storage for the rest of my yarn. :hook

Sugarcoatedlies - The chubby babies with hair, I got from Annie's Attic for $2.99 They are on sale. I must let you know, they do have a baby powder smell to them. The others, were given to me by someone cleaning out their dolls, Infact, most of the dolls came to me that way.

As for all the eyes, I don't have to look at them, as they are on the back side of the door, and you only see them when the door is closed.

luckybmr - Sorry to say all the babies are naked, they are waiting patiently for new outfits. As for the ones upside down, they are now right side up and I have to make them wigs, as the heat down here, dried out the hair and made it fall out.

These are really cool and as you said, a great way to see what I have at a glance. :hook

Archived