Irish Crochet Purse (Pattern now available)

Katchkan

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you one and all for such lovely comments. I am very proud to be part of such a great group. You are all so supportive of each other. :dance

I have never submitted any of my work anywhere. I am not certain how one would go about it. And frankly I would be terrified. :scared

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Irish Crochet Lace. I've studied it, and have done my share of it, so I understand all the hard work involved. This is beautiful, and you definately have the talent for it. You should check into getting your items published. Don't start with a magazine, but go right to the top. Check out your favorite pattern leaflet publishers and email them asking for info. They'll send it to you. You're definately good enough for it.

I saw your website. I now understand why you do Irish Crochet Lace. You must be another one of us crossed eyed threadies. :loco All your work is STUNNING. You belong back in the 1800's. I love that style, and I love your work. All your designs can be published. NO PROBLEM!!

The purse is just gorgeous! Tell me, please: What is the difference between Irish Crochet and just regular :think Crochet???

The difference between Irish crochet and regular crochet is that in irish crochet you work different componets up ( such as the rose ) and then join them together to make a whole piece. In the more complicated or what I call true irish crochet the pieces are sewn to a piece of fabric or paper to hold the pieces in their proper places while you fill in between them with crochet. The pieces can be quite simple or very complicated.

Regular crochet as you call it, we tend to work the piece linear. in rows or rounds. When we do motifs we normally join motif to motif. Filling in gaps with a fill in motif.

Hope this answers your question. It really is a subtle difference and they do tend to cross over. As in the purse.

WOW! I am so jealous of people who can do beautiful work with thread. I have worked with thread but, I am very slow and it's a real labor!

:eek:faint A simpler form? My goodness. You are very talented.

:drool And I would :manyheart to have a purse like that.:c9 Really. It is so gorgeous and you should be proud. You did a wonderful job:yay

Archived