Irish Crochet Purse (Pattern now available)

Katchkan

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to say that this purse is beautiful, spectacularly so. It is the type of thing I would look for, as I'm the kind of person that loves finding and working "challenging" crochet projects. Afghans and ordinary doilies just don't cut it any more.

I love this one. If you do get the pattern published, I'd love to buy a copy. ^_^

Keep up the good work. ^_^

Nuu

Thanks for all the encouraging comments.

I Truly am working on this pattern but there's alot to write for it and I am trying to be as precise and clear as possible. It's not just rnds and its not just rows. but a combinatition of it all. Real Challenge to get it written up where it makes sense. Doing a lot more pictures of steps than I have ever done. Plus the fact that I am making it all over again as I write it. Sometimes I just have to walk away for awhile.

We will see. I still haven't even decided whom I am going to approach with this, but I am going to try and get it out there. That's a promise to myself and to all who care.

Kathy

I would be one of the first standing in line for the pattern. It is truly awesome and well worth trying out.:cheer Just won't compare it to yours as there wouldn't be any comparison.

Mary

• 2 months later...

Just a note to let anyone who might be interested that this purse pattern is now available along with the Mesh Shopping bag and Jaclim's Star doily on my website. Also has a new name. RingsandRoses3.jpg

Rings and Roses

Picture of purse worked off of the pattern. I am selling the pattern as I would like to see if I could actually possibily help supplement our retirement in a few years. or if it's just a pipe dream.

I do plan on trying to submit this pattern but while in the process it might as well be available on my site.

Thanks for all the support.

And a big Thank you to my testers.

All your work is so very very beautiful and you shouldn't feel shy about submitting it to publications. Have you chosen the magazine you want to submit to? Don't forget to read the copyright terms. Many of the publishers make you sign over all your rights to the work for good. Some let you have it back in a couple of years. When I submitted my patterns, I chose one with that option. It would mean that you get the rights back if you should want to have all your work published in a book later. Which I can totally see you doing :) Your work is really awesome!

Thanks for all the wonderful responses to this purse.

I still haven't decided on who to submit this to. I am so new to this idea I am unsure who would be best. I have been collectioning submission forms and reading them over. Any suggestions or comments would be welcome. I am such a greenie here.

I am also in the process of finishing up a companion purse to that one. Almost done. Thought of sending them in together. We will see when I get it done.

All your work is so very very beautiful and you shouldn't feel shy about submitting it to publications. Have you chosen the magazine you want to submit to? Don't forget to read the copyright terms. Many of the publishers make you sign over all your rights to the work for good. Some let you have it back in a couple of years. When I submitted my patterns, I chose one with that option. It would mean that you get the rights back if you should want to have all your work published in a book later. Which I can totally see you doing :) Your work is really awesome

• 5 months later...

You should have seen how excited I was when I saw the picture of your Irish Crochet Ring of Roses Purse. OMG!!!! What can I say. I tried to find your pattern, but I never could find it. Please Please Please send it to me!!! I would be ever so grately.

I love Irish Crochet and wish I could find more of it.

Archived