Shawl

Chatty

WOW! It's beautiful. You did that with HOMESPUN????? I am impressed. I find Homespun very tought to work with. What size hook did you use?

Thank you.

Actually, that's the second Homespun shawl I've made. On the first one I used a K, on this one I used a J. I think the K is better, it didn't snag the yarn as much. I broke my Crystalite J hook but before I did it was crocheting it without hardly snagging.

I've put Homespun up for awhile ;)

:frog

Thank you, I was really tempted to keep it if I hadn't already made a Homespun shawl for myself already. Red isn't my favorite color but it's a close second to purple.

The shawl is just beautiful, and while I haven't had a lot of trouble working with Homespun (past that !*#@! foundation row) I'd never have thought you could get so much detail with it. Did you have a pattern-pattern (i.e., specific to this shawl) or did you just make pineapples to the dimensions you wanted?

The pattern can be found here. It's a doily pattern and is slightly off.

On the first row you only need 17 dc, including the beg ch-3

On the 3rd row you only need 34 dc, including the beg ch-3

Other than that, work the pattern just as it's written.

You shawl is really beautiful! I like working with Homespun...it can be tough if you crochet too tightly because it will snag. I made a seraphina shawl with it a cape and a poncho. I would love to make this shawl as a gift for a "Church Lady" can you tell me where you got the patten?

Archived