Where do you store your yarn?

I started keeping my yarn in my Grand-Mother's chest of drawers in her room. It is her memorial room. I have the furniture just as she had it. SO the dresser and chest of drawers were empty so I thought why not use her chest of drawers to keep my yarn in. I have one drawer filled with the Red Heart Super saver Dark Orchid yarn. After I buy more yarn tomorrow I might have to start using her dresser. Two other drawers are filled with yarn. I have two empty drawers left in the chest. Soon I will have to move on to the dresser. :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

Where do you keep your yarn at?

I've got some duffle bags and boxes downstairs in the spare room, and also a mid-sized rubbermaid tote filled to overflowing in my bedroom closet. Then there's always the two or three projects I've got on the go that stay beside my chair in the living room. I've been trying to keep most of my stash out of sight - my husband would never say anything to me about it but I feel guilty about keeping so much around. Only some of it is earmarked for projects, the rest was on sale and I couldn't resist a deal. I am working on getting a better storage system going, as I am going to have to clean out the spare room soon, to make room for our growing family.

um lets see do I really wanna answer this..

ok I have yarn in an entire room wall to wall even piled up in the closet or what used to be a closet I have rubber maid totes all around my room with of course yarn I have yarn in a tub in the master bedroom a tote next to the recliner in the living room so I guess I store my yarn in my entire house :)

I store mine in see through totes, in my utility room, in a closet that is under the stairs. I have a cardboard that lists what is in each "numbered" box. There is only 3 totes. One is very short. It has my thread for doilies. I need to get another tote for all my magazines and books of patterns. They are in two boxes right now. I put sheets of patterns in a 3-ring binder. I have a very old scrap book from my mother with OLD doily patterns in. They are like tissue paper. There is table covers and bed spreads. They are just neat to look at.

th_yarn001.jpg

solid colors

th_yarn002.jpg

Verigated

th_yarn003-1.jpg

cotton

th_yarn005.jpg

baby yarn

All picks are clickable

This is my craft room! DH spoiles me rotten. But my oldest daughter crochets and knits too, and my twins act like they want to learn. :manyheart

WOAHHH i want! :P

th_yarn001.jpg

solid colors

th_yarn002.jpg

Verigated

th_yarn003-1.jpg

cotton

th_yarn005.jpg

baby yarn

All picks are clickable

This is my craft room! DH spoiles me rotten. But my oldest daughter crochets and knits too, and my twins act like they want to learn. :manyheart

I couldn't even fill the small rack. I have an 18 gallon tote with all my yarn not in use. I have a small craft bag and small wooden stand that hold current works, hooks and needles. As for patterns they are stashed in the spare room with the tote and here by my computer,

I couldn't even fill the small rack. I have an 18 gallon tote with all my yarn not in use. I have a small craft bag and small wooden stand that hold current works, hooks and needles. As for patterns they are stashed in the spare room with the tote and here by my computer,

OMG i have those racks too..but my walk in cupboard has shelves so i have resorted to putting all my stash in tubs..

i have 6 shelves all holding 150 litres worth of tubs..

plus there is also 2 x 4 shelf rolling units. and i live up the road from the wool mill.. so i think im gunna need to take over the spare room storage as its the same size as my craft cupboard..lol..

We have 4 cupboards (closets without rails or shelves) in this house, and I commandeered one of them for my yarn. I have 5 stacking crates, 3 of which are filled with yarn (1 is for UFO's, and the last one holds things like pillow inserts to use for poly-fil [because I can't buy it on its own out here] and the like for when I'm making amis and whatnot). I also have a very 80's-style wicker shelf. The top shelf holds my hooks and a small bag of scrap yarn, and I tend to pile full skeins on the other shelves. Usually when I buy more than 2 skeins of yarn in the same color, they go on the shelf.

Of course that doesn't count the odds and ends that get scattered all over the house as I'm working on something.....

I'm sure I have a box in the closet of my craft room filled with skeins for my sister's blanket... at least four of the Red Heart super saver skeins there. Most of the rest is stuffed into a drawer of a plastic storage tower, where I can get to it.:yarn:yarn

The yarn for the things I'm currently working on - stuff that's actually on hooks - is in my living room, because that's where I crochet. My sister's blanket (with attached skein) is stuffed under my living room table. The baby blanket (and attached skein, plus the yarn for the edging) is in a plastic shopping bag, which is currently on my computer chair.:yarn

It is SOOOO nice to see that I am not the only one with tons of yarn all over the place!!!! I have a bedside cabinet stuffed full (a.k.a. nightstand-my hubby is from England, so some of our names for things are different!) Oh yeah...and I have a basket or too, plus a filing cabinet full. My spare room is filled to overflowing with packed stuff and other sewing/craft stuff, plus I have a table full of craft stuff...I am absolutely packed!!!!

As I am just beginning, i have mine in a trhee drawer Rubbermaid shelf unit on wheels. The free patterns I print are in a desk drawer waiting to be put inot those plastic sheet protectors and placed into a large 3 ring binder I bought for the purpose of keeing them organised. Books, and magazines are on a shelf in the room I designate as "office", but is mnore like a holding area, lol.

Archived