What are you currently working on now?

I started a burial gown set tonight. It is a pattern from Bev's Country Cottage site and I will have it done by the weekend.

I also have my scarecrow to finish as soon as I get some fiberfill and a dowel rod.

So what are you up to right now?

What's on your hook and why?

:manyheart

I'm working on a scrapish kind of ghan in afghan stitch. It's not exactly your run of the mill afghan stitch ghan though. It's kinda, mmm, well, captivating!! Can't wait to get it done!!

Julee

I have the Just Ducky Cuddle Quilt from Happy Yellow House inline to work on. I also have a baby sweater/booties/bibs and possibly an RR to get done for a Sept. shower. I have to finish a Christmas stocking and a crochet quilt for Christmas. That's about it right now, I'm sure I'll come up with more.

Joyce

I'm doing really well right now actually, I only have 2 projects that are actually "in progress", a Lace and Bobbles ghan for my 5 year old, in 14 colors of her own choosing. And a dishcloth, called "grandmothers favorite" (knitted).

The Lace and Bobbles I'm in the middle of round 58 of 81, and will have it done before September 14th.

The dishcloth is more than half finished, and I'll probably finish it tomorrow or the next day.

I am working on squares for a charity project and some bath things for a swap and and then I have afghan to make and stocking for xmas gifts and I promised to learn to make sock for my son again or I am going to pay someone again

With the Greek Games over, I've actually been crocheting very little this week. My next major project is going to be counted cross-stitch. I have a Christmas stocking to finish, along with a picture I want to do for my husband's military retirement. But, I will continue to work on "Rectangles for the Troops" and for "WUA". They make a great "carry around" project. :hook

I started a burial gown set tonight. It is a pattern from Bev's Country Cottage site and I will have it done by the weekend.

I also have my scarecrow to finish as soon as I get some fiberfill and a dowel rod.

So what are you up to right now?

What's on your hook and why?

:manyheart

I hope that the burial gown is for a charity/hospital and not for someone near and dear to you!

Would love to see pics when your things are done. (all of you)

Crojulee - cant wait to see your afghan - it sounds wonderful - i havent gotten the hang of the afghan stitch - it really hurts my hands, seems to take alot longer than sc (which is soooo slow and boring to me - lol) and i cant seem to keep my ends from curling!

Dorothysgirls - I think what you are doing for the kids is wonderful!! As soon as i get the other things done that I need to get done right away - i will let you know so i can start making them too! just cant do it right now.

I have a jumper dress on my hook for my dd and am writing a very versatile pattern to go with it. I still have 5 or so pieces of the pattern set to do and write as i go. (I may have to finish the jumper and put the rest on hold for awhile til i get my other top priority things done - lol!!! I really want to get this pattern(s) written as i have a few people who want it and want to test already. They said they will be patient but i dont want to lose my testers either....too many projects, so little time!!:(

Also, a couple afghans that are currently wips but hope to finish! same with some fgm gifts. (see my siggy for all the WIMS)

I am also trying to get a bunch of stuff done for a very important project and i not only WANT to get it done, but feel I HAVE to get it done within the next 2-3 weeks (and there are ALOT of pieces to it):eek

:reyes Ugh do I have to answer? Just kidding.

I am working on the kitchen sets I'm making all the women for Christmas. Well actually I'm not having a lot of time to work on them unfortunately, way too busy now that I've gone back to work.

I have about a zillion projects waiting in line though. I need to make dd's sweater, some hunting accessories for dh, and I really need to be working on the afghan for my mom's b-day *Dec 4th but I haven't started yet!

Baby blanket I well be a great aunt soon.

7 inch squares for my exchanges.

Scraf for Christmas gift

Cathedral Rose Window Afghan Plan to auction off at the next in laws family weekend in almost two years. If I can get it done.

A Noah's Ark baby blanket for an employee of mine whose wife is having a baby in about 2 weeks.

Tote bags for my daughters & a friend of theirs - the school says no backpacks, but we made the tote bags just the right size so they can carry them between classes.

A doily for my niece's housewarming in a couple of weeks - washcloths and placemats are next (placemats are woven on a homemade loom I inherited from my mom).

If I ever get all of these projects finished I can get started on Christmas gifts.

Check my signature. :hook I found the Heirloom baby blanket pattern on line and it looked like a nice challenge. IT IS! The other 3 afghan are for Christmas presents. I always have other WIPs like baby sweaters, booties and hats started also.

I'm working on a RR for DGD. She is 17, and recently painted her room bright yellow wtih one blackboard paint wall. The trim is a dark bright pink. So the RR is basically black, with a yellow stripe, and a 'fushia' stripe here and there, all seperated with about 8 rows of black. It's really a lot prettier than I imagined it would be!

I'm working on squares for a charity project, baby layettes for the newborns at Pine Ridge reservation, scarves for the victims of abuse, a lapghan for the Pine Ridge elders and....I can't remember what else right now. :lol

* I recently started a V neck sweater vest called Soft & Simple from an old craft mag.

* I'm also working on an afghan I had put down for the summer because it was too hot.

* And I am slowly trying to catch up on the snowflakes for the CAL here at the ville.

So I guess I have some small (flakes), medium(vest) & large (ghan) projects going.

I have a few projects going on.

1. I'm trying to finish up an afghan for my sister in law whose birthday was a couple of weeks ago. I will see her again this weekend, so I am trying to get it done before then since I already missed her birthday.

2. I got a head start on an afghan for my nephew. His birthday is in October, and I am almost done with it...yeah! I'm ahead of the game for once.

3. I am also working on a stole that I am making for me. I rarely make anything for me, so this is exciting. I'm using a simple pattern, but it's made from Paton's Brillidant in a bright red! I think it will be perfect for the holidays work over a black dress or black pants & top.

I guess the main thing is the afghan for my sister in law. Once I am done with it, it'll be time to start working on Christmas gifts!

I just finished a layette set for a friends baby that isn't expected to live. Working on squares for charity have 80 done so far! Made 3 diaper shirts and hats for preemie site.

Where can I find the pattern for the lace and bobbles "?

Next I'm going to make a baby blanket for Amish friends expected baby, just need to decide color.

I'm working on a tote that's done in single crochet up and down, rather than across. Also a blanket for me, and a cauldron bag for a friend. I haven't finished my shrug or shawl that I started this year, but I'll get back to them when it's a little cooler out.

On the crochet hook:

a purse for a friend

on the knitting needles:

- a pair of socks for my new sister in law

- I tried knitting entrelac yesterday afternoon but I prefer to do it in crochet, so I stopped knitting entrelac.

- a bodywarmer for me

I just finished a purse and a marketbag, am trying to make a cradle bag for my little niece for Christmas and have a never ending afghan started but was getting too warm working on it.

Archived