Crocheted Office Decorations?

Can anyone think of anything cute that I could crochet to decorate the walls and my desk at work? I have an office to myself and have been told to make myself at home and decorate however I want. I didn't want to spend a lot of money and have a ton of stash yarn, so it would be great if I could figure out some crocheted decorations. I already have a crocheted tissue box cover on my desk, but I have a whole shelf, the top of a filing cabinet and a bunch of blank walls to decorate. Does anyone have any ideas?

Some ideas:

*Frame a doily or filet or crinoline lady or something for your wall...

*crochet a pencil holder to match your tissue holder (cuter than the "mug with broken

handle" idea :P

*crochet little frames/picture frame type things to hold photos...small ones could have magnets on the back to go on a file cabinet.

* maybe come up with a notepad/post-it note holder.

CPC has lots of different things...and I saw a note pad holder here on the ville, somewhere, a while back.

HTH

An idea, Mail Organizer - link. If you don't want the pattern book, it can't be that hard to figure out. You could use it for little paper organizer, phone message organizer, note pad or sticky note organizer.

Stash Boxes - link. Or even baskets. This book wasn't what I was looking for, but I can't find it and I thought it had been a free pattern. But this gives you an idea. You crochet 4 sides and one bottom. Sew together. Stiffen or use more stiff yarn/thread. I thought of these for my office to put all my lotion in together, my little things, like paperclips, etc. I have a wicker basket someone gave me and I have extra notepads in there. I suppose I could add some crochet embellishments on it (like flowers or a crochet "ribbon").

Flowers. Sugar'n Cream - Daffodil Bouquet (crochet) is some pretty ones. I did some out of embroidery floss for my desk.

Amigurumi. I did some chill pills I put out one time, coworkers like it.

And of course any and all holiday decorations.

I was thinking of doing a bear or doll and changing the outfit for each season and holiday, but haven't gotten around to it.

Debbi

Filing cabinets are so boring! Spruce it up with a small table runner but crochet it long enough to hang over the sides. Also, a soda can cozy or glass cozy. CPC has pattern links for those too. Decorate for any of the holidays and/or seasons. That way you can change out various items so you're never bored with the same thing. :hook

How about a cell phone holder to hold your cell phone so you can see who calls? I have a ceramic one I got from a dollar store, but a crocheted one would be cuter (or I could crochet around it). You would have to make sure it's stiff enough to hold the cell phone (maybe a plastic canvas insert).

I like the cup cozies. Or if you're like me and have a big mug you could do a coaster.

How about a hotpad to carry your lunch under if you do a microwave thing. I have one from some ladies at church (a b-day gift) and get comments on it all the time.

Tissue box cover. (I still need to make one). this could also be changed with seasons and holidays, maybe make some appliques remoavble, that was an idea I had. Maybe with velcro or buttons or something...

Search for magnets. Those are great for filing cabinets. I use some to decorate around Christmas, but they could be used all the time really. That's another thing I'd like to do.

Debbi

Coasters would be great and if your office is anything like mine crochet a small lap blanket to place over your legs while sitting at your desk. They freeze me out of the office in the summer with the AC cranked up all the way.

Magnets are a cute idea too.

Oh I'm working on a pillowghan. I'm going to leave it under my desk, but I had a friend who had a fluffy pillow on the extra chair in her cubical. I figure this will work if I get cold for my legs (my friend does that at her office) and then I can take it with me to the ladies room where there's a separate room to lay down in and sometimes it's a bit cool.

How about a sweater or shawl. You can leave it on the back of your chair. If you get a bit cold, throw it over your shoulders.

Here are 3 cute ami patterns http://sherricrochets.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=15&chapter=10 Click on the ones under the Table of Contents in the box to find each one. They just sit there. Great to put by a monitor or plant.

• 9 months later...

I used to live in cubical land and it could get quite crazy at times. I decided to make an arch that was high enough to walk under then crocheted curtains that could be pulled to the side. This allowed a bit of privacy but I admit it was a bit closterphobic at times.

Archived