Ravelry members?

I was a member there but I just didn't see anything worth staying for so I had my name removed. I really don't see what people see there.

But then again... if God had made us all the same; life would get boring very quickly.

I do have one question about this though. There was a Major Rule Posting here last year saying that we were not allowed to mention any other "group" site including Yahoo groups. Why is it that Ravelry, which will likely become a major competitor of the Ville getting a hall pass on this one? I've never been able to figure that one out.

Maybe because Crochetville is represented there as well? Amy has a group on Ravelry dedicated to Crochetville...sort of like an extension of here?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was a member there but I just didn't see anything worth staying for so I had my name removed. I really don't see what people see there.

But then again... if God had made us all the same; life would get boring very quickly.

I do have one question about this though. There was a Major Rule Posting here last year saying that we were not allowed to mention any other "group" site including Yahoo groups. Why is it that Ravelry, which will likely become a major competitor of the Ville getting a hall pass on this one? I've never been able to figure that one out.

I was'nt crazy about Ravelry for quite awhile, but after I spent a little time there and started checking all the patterns, pics, etc, I love it! I was over there a few minutes ago and there were like 2134 members online!

I am a member. I am happytee there too and I like it because it great place to find patterns and keep a running tab on the projects you have finished. I like it because you can list the yarn needle or hook size you used and see project that other people have made using that same yarn.

I really like Ravelry, but I also like this board a lot to. My name over there is the same over here. "Lovinhookin" that way if I become friends with some people here then they know where to find me over there. This board has so much to offer than Ravelry does. It is easier to use to.

Shannon

I am PogoJr on Ravelry too. Ravelry is an interesting place and I love the radar feature. I keep that up on my computer at work so I don't get so bored. C'ville is home though. You can't beat the company of the fellow crocheters on this board.

I'm on Ravelry mostly for knitting stuff....and to keep track of my on-going projects. I also love being able to see how other people have done certain patterns from books I have listed in my library. I've also found many pattern corrections, yarn combination ideas, information on vintage patterns, and lots of book reviews. There are TONS of posts on knitting technique and more and more crochet stuff going up every day.

I have some vintage knitting patterns from Europe, and it's hard to figure out yarn, needle size, etc and sometimes the pattern instructions are hard to follow. totally different terminologies than I'm used to sometimes! I've gotten help several times on ravelry from people to decipher those patterns. :)

C'ville is a social place for me. Ravelry is like an online knitting convention. Different purposes! C'ville is like the coffee shop where I meet to have fun and socialize, swap, etc. Ravelry is like an encyclopedia....I have friends there too, but it's more for information.

I think that's why it's ok to ask about ravelry on c'ville, and not other email groups, etc.

Hugs! Juli

I love the place! I'm hazlecreek there too so feel free to friend me.

I love to be able to have all the patterns that I want to make all in one place. I like that I can add the "add to ravelry queue" button on my toolbar and put patterns that are not on Ravelry in my queue. It's like one stop shopping! :lol

Archived