Ravelry members?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what you mean....I have been a member there since NOvember, but am just now finding the time to start adding projects and looking around.

I've gotten TONS of help with some vintage knitting patterns I have.....so I just love the place.

Juli

I'm LaurieE on Ravelry as well. I have a few projects up and some I still need to take photos of. I gave up trying to take pictures of my stash.

Got my invite yesterday! I love that you can look up so many different executions of the same patterns. I know I am a pretty quiet board member here (I'm pretty quiet in real life too), but I thought I'd let you all know I am there also as cassique.

I just didn't see anything worth staying for so I had my name removed. I really don't see what people see there.

Ravelry is mostly a database for yarn enthusiasts (knitters, crocheters, spinners, dyers) to keep track of their yarn, tools, pattern information, projects, and the progress on those projects. As a side line, there are also communities centered around a particular theme (i.e. TV show, etc) where you can "socialize". I belong to several groups. Two in particular are on vintage patterns.

Ravelry is not competition for Crochetville by any means because you don't have to join any groups at Ravelry. You can use it just for the database portion. I would love to have that type of database on my home computer.

Archived