A Cavalcade of Doilies: My newest Pattern Book

I have just released my newest Doily pattern book.

A Cavalcade of Doilies.

th_CavalcadeCover.jpg

There are 6 doilies in this book.

Skill levels moderate to intermediate

All doilies are done in size 10 thread.

Spiral bound booklet

All pictures are clickable

Wind Flower.................Fandango................Ele anor's Springtime Runner

th_Windflowera.jpgth_fand4.jpgth_Eleanorartshot.jpg

Troubadour................Whirlaway............... and Clematis

th_troub3.jpgth_whirl1.jpgth_ClematisPosed1.jpg

You can find this pattern book on my website www.crochetnbeads.com and on my Etsy shop.

This is the first of several books and patterns I plan on putting out.

I have been thinking long and hard about what to do with my designs. I finally have decided that for the most part I think I will be happiest if I self publish most of my work. That way I retain control of my designs. I have a few of my designs sitting in limbo with all the crochet magazine changes that have been going on. They own them but not sure when and if they will ever be published. Sort of fustrating.

Bravo! I think self-publishing is a great idea in your particular case. I think you should look into getting ISBN numbers for your books, because then they could be listed at Amazon and other websites. But even if not, thread crocheters are such a small and focused niche market that I think most will eventually discover your site.

Good luck!

Congratulations Kathy! And I agree with you about self publishing...I'm heading in that direction myself.

YAY!!!!! Good for you!

As for the patterns "in limbo," take a look at the contract you have with them. Sometimes the copyright reverts to you if they're not published within a certain period of time—unless they bought "all rights." (Then they own them forever even if they never publish them.)

I'm wondering, too, and maybe you other designers know: Can you buy back the copyrights on your patterns if they don't publish them? Just an idea...

Anyway, many, many congratulations. Your work is excellent and your designs are always just beautiful. Much luck with your book.

Beautiful booklet, Kathy! Unfortunately I have to limit my spending right now, otherwise I'd be ordering a copy. I LOVE the horse head you have on the cover!

:cheer:cheer:cheerI am so buying it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOO HOO!:clap:clap:clap

JUST BOUGHT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kathy you made my day! I am so excited! I have to go to the store now and get thread!:day:shop

:woo I got the book today! I am going to start one tonight! The book is so wonderful! Kathy, kudos to you! I can't believe I am holding it in my hand! *HUGS* I have the very first copy sold!!!

Archived