Is there a secret place hooks go when they get lost?

I swear my hooks are becoming as bad as socks in the dryer! :lol

I was looking for an I hook and noticed that I have 5 missing hooks :think

Now I know to some 5 might not be a lot (lol!!!) but I only have 2 of each hook. I'm usually really good about keeping track of them and I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find them. I've looked in all of the usual places and they are nowhere to be found. :(

So I'm curious, where are some weird places you have found your hooks? Maybe it will give me ideas for places to look for mine ;)

I usually find mine between the couch cushions or on the floor right next to the couch. Then there is the canvas bag that I carry my project in when we go on a car trip. It will be tangled up with the yarn that is left over from my finished project.

I hope you find your lost hooks. I keep mine in a canvas pencil case, in my wicker basket that sets by the couch---my usual spot when I crochet.

Good Luck. Let us know where you find them!!

Let's see...

Behind sofa cushions

Under sofas

Under seats in the car

Under bedclothes

In one of (many) project bags

or perhaps it was a case of alien abduction (we can't be the only beings in the universe to crochet <LOL>).

I find random hooks everywhere, even when I thought I put them away. Buried in skeins of yarn, under the bed, in my makeup pouch in my purse...they show up randomly.

I find mine EVERYWHERE. once in my pillow case. :shrug guess i was crochet sleeping. :lol

but strangest place was my fridge. I know the feeling because I know I have more then 1 G hook but i only have 1 right now so i am guarding it like gold.

The first question should be do you have pet's? If you have cat's I find my hooks in blankets, favorite nap spots, under couches, tv stands, Lap top cases have a great number of holes for hooks, cars and even in the basement. I suspect that dogs have the same hobbies. Check brief cases too. Mine have a habit of migrating to strange places. My torrtie Izzy has a habit of helping "babies" (any thing she can carry ranging from pipe cleaners to crochet hooks) to the food dish. Her sisters are not impressed.

I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Laura

All the usual places - in/under/in front of the couch, in my project bag(s), etc.

But, I also keep my hair pulled up in a pony tail, and I have a terrible tendency to put either pens/pencils/crochet hooks behind the scrunchie used to hold my hair up! :lol:hook It's kinda like the glasses on top of your head when you can't find them. DH just rolls his eyes and goes on. :blush:think I've gone to the store many times with something stuck up there. :lol:blush

If you go buy a complete replacement set, they'll all turn up. It works for me! :blush But then they go missing again. I even started using a little case and this morning it had one H hook left in it! Where did they go? :think

I lost one the other day, couldn't find it at all, until I changed into my jammies-- I had stuck it in my brassiere.:blush

I lost one the other day, couldn't find it at all, until I changed into my jammies-- I had stuck it in my brassiere.:blush

:rofl That's funny! It sounds exactly like something I would do! :yes

My daughters "borrow" them for their projects so I usually check their rooms...I've found them on the entertainment center, the kitchen cabinets, under the bed, and in the trunk of the car (I've yet to figure that one out since my tote bags always go inside the car with me).

When you find your hooks, you'll probably find the remote control my kids lost 3 weeks ago. It's been so nice & quiet in the living room since the TV won't work without it :)

I find mine EVERYWHERE. once in my pillow case. :shrug guess i was crochet sleeping. :lol

but strangest place was my fridge. I know the feeling because I know I have more then 1 G hook but i only have 1 right now so i am guarding it like gold.

:yes I discovered one morning that I had slept with one of my hooks, actually, on top of it. .. and my small pair of folding scissors - unfolded. I must have been really tired that night because I remember falling asleep and I sure didn't feel either of them.

Oh, and when I lose mine they're usually in a tote somewhere with a forgotten WIP.

I have come to the conclusion that crochet hooks are the larval form of pens, because I lose crochet hooks, and I have dozens of pens in this house that I never bought. Just as years ago I discovered that socks are the larval form of coat hangers, because I lose socks in the wash, and have dozens of hangers in my closets that I have no idea how they got there.

I layed down my work the other night and when I came back my project was there but the hook was gone, still haven't found it and have moved everything in my sewing room. I think it must have had wings. It was the only size O that I have so I have to go and buy one when I go do my shopping next week.

Sometimes, I think they sprout legs and walk away!:lol:lol:lol

I have found them everywhere from the silverware drawer, to the laundry basket and every place in between.

They just are remarkable little creatures.

I have also laid down a project and when I return, the hook is no place to be found. Can be aggravating, to say the least. And sometimes, they jump under the couch. Just plain weird. I'll move my couch to clean and there's about 5 or 6 hooks under there. Maybe they have hook parties under my couch.:lol

\:manyheart

When I sit and crochet sometimes when wearing socks I will slide it into the band of my socks. I have looked many a times for the hook I thought I lost!:think:think:think

Archived