Crocheted Handkerchiefs (updated with Bridal Set)

This month has been really busy with graduations and wedding. Here are two items I made as gifts. They are handkerchiefs I made.

First I cut a square of fabric, punched holes into the edges with my edgerydoo and then crochet the edges. Both edges I did without a pattern. The purple edged one is for my cousin's graduation and the blue edged one is a bridal shower gift for my friend. I am also making her a garter and I will post it when I am done.

Click on the pictures to see it larger.

2493844970_c58c8f05f8_s.jpg 2493024623_fa29dd1011_s.jpg 2493059515_4654394813_s.jpg 2493024245_d4737480e5_s.jpg 2495536319_2c627ccbfc_s.jpg sq 2496550173_400dc43cc4_s.jpg

The Garter pattern I purchased from CrochetMemories and it was very easy to make. The pattern for the rose is my own. The white and blue border hankies, the garter are going to be the bridal shower gift and I found a beautiful photo frame that I am going to include :) This was such a fun project.

I am going to make one more garter for her. (So she has one to toss and one to keep)

Lovely! I love crocheting hankies. BTW, besides brides & graduations, they are great gifts for women going thru the change or people (like me) with chronic illness who sweat a lot in the slightest warm weather. It's so much nicer to reach in your purse & dab yourself with a beautiful hankie than a wad of tissues.

Great job!

Those are beautiful! What a great idea to make your own. Those would make lovely doiley-like items for decorating,also. Thanks for sharing. :crocheting:yarn

I LOVE them! My gramma used to make crocheted & tatted hankies by the dozens...she had terrible allergies, so she actually used them - I have always wanted to make some, but just for decorative purposes...

they are both beautiful. I love the floral fabric you used on the blue one. What type of fabric did you buy for them...was it cotton and did you wash it beforehand? My daughter is getting married in November and I had thought about doing some for the bridesmaids so I was thrilled to see this post. thanks for sharing these!

they are both beautiful. I love the floral fabric you used on the blue one. What type of fabric did you buy for them...was it cotton and did you wash it beforehand? My daughter is getting married in November and I had thought about doing some for the bridesmaids so I was thrilled to see this post. thanks for sharing these!

The fabric is cotton :) I got it in Walmart and yes, I washed it before hand. They are very easy to make up :) If you need any help, let me know :):manyheart

The fabric is cotton :) I got it in Walmart and yes, I washed it before hand. They are very easy to make up :) If you need any help, let me know :):manyheart

I found fabric in wal-mart yesterday and just need to pick out some thread. I have an edgerydoo so looks like I'm in business!! :hook thank you!

Archived