Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas -THANK YOU LETTER POST 266

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many blankets do you have so far? Just curious.

Also, my friend Desiree made a hat for a baby's friend but it was much too small...preemie sized. She gave it to me to figure out what to do with it. Do you accept preemie hats too?

How many blankets do you have so far? Just curious.

Also, my friend Desiree made a hat for a baby's friend but it was much too small...preemie sized. She gave it to me to figure out what to do with it. Do you accept preemie hats too?

I accept ANYTHING! Hats, ghans, booties... etc! How nice!!!

Off the top of my head, as I"m not at home right now-- I think I've made 8 so far and I've received aproximately 15. So, I'm up to about 23!!

I have one about 3/4 done for you. I work on it with my new lighted hook at night while hubby is sleeping so I get in some extra crochet time. :hook

Can you PM me your address please!

th_taysblanket001.jpg

clickable

Taylor just finished this tonight! I will get it washed and send it when I get a few for you done! I am so very proud!!!!! :c9:c9:c9:c9:c9

Great job Taylor. Keep up the beautiful work. You are going to make a baby and the parents very proud to have this blanket you made.

I have one about 3/4 done for you. I work on it with my new lighted hook at night while hubby is sleeping so I get in some extra crochet time. :hook

Can you PM me your address please!

Does the lighted hook actually work? I dunno, you'd think it would give you a headache, being the only light to crochet by.

Is it a small bright light or what? I've only seen them in packages, so I wouldn't know...

Does the lighted hook actually work? I dunno, you'd think it would give you a headache, being the only light to crochet by.

Is it a small bright light or what? I've only seen them in packages, so I wouldn't know...

It is bright enough that doing a simple double crochet afghan the light is similar to an LED and while you can't see the entire afghan it certainly lights it up enough for you to see the stitch you need to put the hook into and working the stitch. I love it.

Let me know your mailing address and I will send you some items before the first of December. I have a few baby things made and will share. Best wishes on this very worthwhile project.

How many do you need still? I got 2 baby blankets I can send. One I just made & its on my ravelry called Primary Ripple & another one my mom made for my boys but it never got used as it is all white. If you'd like them can you pleas pm me your address again as I deleted the lasdt time you sent it to me.

How many do you need still? I got 2 baby blankets I can send. One I just made & its on my ravelry called Primary Ripple & another one my mom made for my boys but it never got used as it is all white. If you'd like them can you pleas pm me your address again as I deleted the lasdt time you sent it to me.

That's great! I'll send you a PM now.

I have, I think 28. I just got three from my aunt today (I'll post a pic in a little bit). The NICU houses 60 babies. My goal (it's a big one), is to have one ghan for every child there on Christmas. From there, anything extra (if there is any) can be used for the babies that will come after.

WHen my DS was there, there was never an empty bed. Babies would leave in the morning and by the afternoon the helicopter would bring another baby to fill the space.

My DH and Dad saw my Aunt who lives about an hour and a half from me yesterday. She sent them home with 3 ghans for the babies! They are soft and warm and delicate and lovely. Thank you Aunt Audrey!

001-1.jpg

Archived