Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas -THANK YOU LETTER POST 266

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I read December(ish) is good I will try and get at least one out to you in between the other projects and babies I know that are on the way, I just have to finish up two x-stitches on afghans first.

You said any size/color are fine? Could you give a min/max on sizes as a guide?

My son was 4 weeks early and because he was a month old when we had to go back with him for 3 weeks they wouldn't put him in NICU for care and oh how I wish they would have! I can't tell you how much he went through with blood draws until my aunt found out he was in the hospital and her grand-daughter-in-law happened to be a NICU nurse in the hospital we were in. She got someone to come and do the next blood draw and my son didn't even cry one tear compared to the screaming he went through all the other times.

The nurses and others that work in NICU are so caring and care well for the families and the babies. :clap:clap:clap

You said any size/color are fine? Could you give a min/max on sizes as a guide?

Thank you for helping! Yes, any size really is appropriate. The smallest babies really aren't much bigger than Barbie Dolls... they are just chunkier than a Barbie, but about that size. So, for them, 12 inch square is going to work really well.

The oldest babies are up to a year old, so a regular sized baby ghan is going to work for them.

The Full Term Newborns are in isolettes that are about the size of what a newborn is placed on in the delivery room (if you've had a baby) when they are getting cleaned up... so, I'm thinking that 24 or 30 inches wide is going to be appropriate for them.

As I said, anything you feel like making is going to work for one of those babies. Thank you so much for your help. I hope your son is well now.

I finished my first one (finally!)!!

Thank you Christina -- you've been working on so much, it's lovely of you to include me in your list of projects!

Thank you Christina -- you've been working on so much, it's lovely of you to include me in your list of projects!

Trust me, its my pleasure! I love making baby things! I just couldn't bring myself to touch the CRW this weekend. It was too hot for something so large, so I started on babyghan #2. With the start of the second one, my DD asked me if I need to tell her something. :lol

Trust me, its my pleasure! I love making baby things! I just couldn't bring myself to touch the CRW this weekend. It was too hot for something so large, so I started on babyghan #2. With the start of the second one, my DD asked me if I need to tell her something. :lol

I hope you just smiled at her and said nothing! :lol

Here's my latest -- made up in just a few days, and still using the same yarn from the spiral... man, those Pound of Love skeins go far! I really enjoyed this variation on a traditional granny.

100_3826.jpg

Christina's two afghans arrived today! Oh, they are so pretty! The shells ghan is so very soft, and the granny is so cheerful.

Christina - I loved the joining method you used on the granny ghan. Is that flat braid -- or what did you do? My granny's never look that pretty.

See how pretty they are?

082.jpg

I have n o idea how to flat braid! :lol

I made a white border around each square so'd they match, then I put th wrong sides together and whipstitched them together through both loops. This usually works pretty well for me to get the seams to lie flat.

I'm glad they arrived safely. :manyheart

I just finished another ghan tonight. It was supposed to be a 6/12/24 RR... but I got confused with the pattern and got too lazy to take the time to figure it out. Therefore, it's my 6 point RR!

083.jpg

Jessica's package arrived today- and the picture she posted here doesn't do the afghan justice. It's so pretty and it shimmers-- it's going to make a baby and their family very happy. The hat is beautiful too!

Thank you so much!:hug

Archived