Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas -THANK YOU LETTER POST 266

Here are the two preemie ghans that Linda (Kulask) sent. The yarn has a white thread that runs through it, so it gives the ghans a pretty shimmer. They are also very soft, and as you can see - got the DS seal of approval. He was very upset that I didnt' want him to lay on them!

002-5.jpg

001-11.jpg

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taylor's beautiful afghan arrived today. I know this was her first crochet item, and I've got to say, I would have loved to have had my first item look as pretty as this does. It's soft and pretty and so very nice of her to share it with the babies.

002-6.jpg

Taylor's beautiful afghan arrived today. I know this was her first crochet item, and I've got to say, I would have loved to have had my first item look as pretty as this does. It's soft and pretty and so very nice of her to share it with the babies.

002-6.jpg

I am glad Tays blanket arrived. She is doing home work but I will let her know that it is there! She dosen't have much time to be on here as school is keeping her very busy. :yes

I got another one for you! My mom made it. She said send it to whoever. It is is pond of love in that blue denim color & regular sized baby blanket. I know there are 'regular' sized babies in NICU so I am sure it will go to use. :D I may also send you the manly one I was going to make Sissie since she is pretty much up to her 100 blanket goal. Let me know if that would be ok. It is bernat berella 4 yarn & you can see it on my ravelry - or what I have gotten done.

I got another one for you! My mom made it. She said send it to whoever. It is is pond of love in that blue denim color & regular sized baby blanket. I know there are 'regular' sized babies in NICU so I am sure it will go to use. :D I may also send you the manly one I was going to make Sissie since she is pretty much up to her 100 blanket goal. Let me know if that would be ok. It is bernat berella 4 yarn & you can see it on my ravelry - or what I have gotten done.

That's wonderful! I'd love both of them. Thank you!

I finished this preemie starghan the other day. It wasn't supposed to be a preemie ghan. I bought a bag of red yarn off craigslist, and didn't really examine it when I bought it. Turns out, I started this ghan with the one skein of red that had no match to it in the bag! The red isn't as bright as the picture makes it seem.

This was going to be a larger ghan and was going to be given to my DH's co-worker who is going on a missions trip to Africa. Since it didn't make it to full size, and since I"m not sure that she is going anywhere that would have preemie's this size surviving beyond a few hours, I decided that this would go for the NICU babies and I'd make her something else.

002-7.jpg

I got 3 beautiful ghans from Melody today! I've wanted to try to crochet around fleece for a long time now... seeing these beauties really reinforces that. My DD saw these and fell in love with them. They are going to make a few babies and their families feel so loved this Christmas!

001-12.jpg

I sent you one blanket yesterday that my mom made. I also have one ready to go. I am not going to send the oother one I mentioned. My nephew really needs a dark warm blanket for his travels with his parents (they have no car). So I thought that would be perfect.

I have been making some blankets on and off for a while now for you. I have a RR that I was making that I have changed my mind about and instead of frogging it was wondering if it would make a good size for your cause. It is 25 inches point to point. Let me know and it'll go in the box with the others for you.. or rather the babies :manyheart

Ok. We have a drop off date. I've called the hospital and made arrangements to drop everything off on December 5th. The lady I talked to was thrilled to hear that all of your wonderful gifts were coming and was even more thrilled to learn that not only was there enough for the babies on Christmas - but for babies that will come in the following weeks.

I must say, I wasn't able to get through the phone call without crying. I'm grateful for everything the hospital did for my family and I'm grateful and humbled by the generosity you all have shown. Thank you so much!

The lady I spoke with assured me that these wonderful afghans are going to be given to the babies by Santa himself when he makes his rounds in the hospital on Christmas day. That makes me so happy - and so sad all at the same time.

I think the best thing for parents are just to know someone thought of them enough in their time despite the holidays. I know when my oldest was on the hospital in Dec they had plans on giving him something. Was very sweet & warmed my heart knowing someone thought about someone in need.

I think with the Jessica's last ghan that I added to the bunch, it brought the total to 83. It maybe 84, but I'm not at home to check... at anyrate, it's in the low 80s!!! Plus, I know there are more on the way!

I've been working on afghans for my husband to give to his co-worker who is going on a missions trip to Africa. I've done one for her and will do one more, then it's back to the babies!

I'm hopeful that we'll get to 100!

Archived