Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas -THANK YOU LETTER POST 266

I just got finished organizing all the ghans. Here is what I have so far:

3 hats and 29 ghans!:cheer:clap:yay:cheer

Thank you everyone for the help you are giving me on this. I figure we are halfway to the total needed for Christmas day when Santa makes his way through the NICU. If we get anything beyond that, it can help the babies and their families who will come after.

You all are so wonderful for helping these families. I can tell you from experience, that it was overwhelming to know that people who didn't even know us were thinking of us. It's what gave me strength in the times when I had none. Thank you for giving the families of these babies the strength they will need.:hug

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As soon as I finish my ripple I have plans to make a baby star blanket next. I was looking for something or someone to give it too. I well get in touch with you as soon as I am done.

I am slow crocheter but I should be done well in time for Christmas.

As soon as I finish my ripple I have plans to make a baby star blanket next. I was looking for something or someone to give it too. I well get in touch with you as soon as I am done.

I am slow crocheter but I should be done well in time for Christmas.

Thank you so much! Anytime before Dec 1 is great!

Does anyone know where I can get the instructions to do this blanket? Thanks

After seeing the afghan that Dorothy did for the babies with Krystal's daisy square pattern, I had to try. I loved it! I got it done in just a week.

008.jpg

Alright, I have a cute little matching set finished, I just need to wash it (I did a few squares at my inlaws home where my MIL smokes)

Here's a close up of the blanket, hat, and booties individually.

I'll mail those out with this cute RR as soon as I finish it and wash them.

Promise, I've not forgotten! I just have so many things on my list right now it's crazy! :blink

I did this with two strands of Jiffy held together, and then the pink is single strand from the Pound of Love that seems to go on forever! I bought the Jiffy on Craigslist for 60 cents a skein, so, I figure this is a $4.00 afghan

It's about 30 inches square.

012.jpg

Kathryn,

If you do not make your quota, there is a well known charity in Santa Monica, California called STITCHES FROM THE HEART and they have people all over the country making premmie blankets, hats and sweaters and newborn too and then they distribute them to hospitals all over the United States. They would be glad to send you some hats or blankets for your hospital...you can find them on the internet, just google stitches from the heart ....see if this helps.:hug

I'm so sorry -- Between accidents on the commute home, swim lessons for the kids etc -- I've had a very busy week, and I haven't been out to the mailbox (which is down the street -- mail is accessible by key only so nobody else can get it). I'll go out tonight and email you.

Crochetingmama (Pam) sent an incredible box of ghans! 9!!!!

My DH is off camping for a few days, so I have no camera -- but I'll post a pic when he returns.

The ghans are all different colors and will be great for either boys or girls -- she used really cuddly yarn (what was it?) and a beautiful stitch. I can't wait to show you all!

I have to check my count, but I think that brings us up to 41!

Archived