Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas -THANK YOU LETTER POST 266

Here are the ones that will be on their way hopefully Wednesday. And I found the leftover yarn from another baby rr I made and there is enough to make another, but I have to finish the hockey afghans for our team fundraiser before I can work on that one.

Double Crochet Varigated with White Single Crochet Border

varigated-dc.gif

Varigated and White Round Ripple with Picot Edging

rr-preemie-varigated.gif

rr-preemie-vari-closeup.gif

rr-preemie-varigated-edge.gif

Round Ripple in Lavendar, Aran and Monet Varigated

rr-purple-beige.gif

rr-purple-beige-closeup.gif

Comparison of the Sizes of the two Round Ripples

rr-comparison-size.gif

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a treat to come home from work today to find TWO packages! Hockeymomcrochet's (Mary's) package arrived with the three beautiful afghans she posted pictures of here. They are soft and colorful and so pretty!

TruckinPatty's package arrived too, with this beautiful and delicate bubble ghan. There is a lovely shimmer in the yarn. It's so pretty!

002-3.jpg

Thank you both of you!

What an awful time that was for you and it's most definitely an understatement to say that I'm so thankful your baby's life was saved and now he's almost 2yo! Hallelujah! God bless you for endeavoring to give back.

I'm sorry I didn't see your thread last year but would like to try to help now. I have too many afghans around here and would be glad to contribute some although they may be too big and heavy. Are there particular specifications for the afghans?

I may be able to make some booties and hats. Should they be basic and simple like when we made hats for a 3rd world country and sent them to the White House? I can't remember the details but could look it up if you need to know. Also, could you use squares and if so, what size?

BIG :hug's!

Thank you for helping Jeannie!

Hats and booties are always wonderful. Anything that you would like to make will certainly go to good use!

As far as afghan sizes go.... the NICU takes care of babies from extremem preemie size, all the way up to 1 year of age. So, many different size afghans will work. Again, whatever size you are in the mood to donate will certainly find a recipient.

I'm not looking for squares right now. Although, that maybe an option for next year. Thanks for the idea!

When you need my address, let me know and I'll PM you.

Thank you so much!!

Slowcrocheter...it doesn't matter what it looks like,,,,,,,,,I think it is very cool and original,,,,,,and I like the idea that it either looks like a startfish or a star that fell from heaven........come little baby is going to be blessed with a beautful afghan

Angie, it's beautiful! PJ is right, the baby who will get this is going to be blessed to have it. You have no idea how much you will have touched the family with your gift.

When my son was in the NICU, breastfeeding mothers were given one free meal a day (they wanted to make sure you were eating well). The meal would come on a tray, and on a few occasions my tray included a card made from a child from one of the local schools. Having someone who didn't even know us, show that they cared was one of the things that gave me the strength to face each day. In fact, to this day when I think about it, I still can cry.

Everyone here who has been so generous, should know that they will not have just made the baby and their family happy for one day.. it's something that these families will never forget.

Angie you blanket is beautiful and it will keep a baby real happy.

Kathryn I just made 2 RR for sissie's seniors. I wanted to make you a couple of baby blankets. Is the 38" size ok with you? PM me your address and I will get them done when I can. Please tell me when you need them by. Thanks

Kathryn,

I have a box going out in the mail tomorrow for you. I hope that the hospital can use these items. There are 7 little hats (some of them are kind of small - almost doll sized) and 3 baby afghans - one of these is pretty small. I hope they will be of use to someone.

Thanks for doing this for the NICU - my son was a patient in a NICU years ago.

Jeanne - thank you so much! Those will all go to good use and will make a family so happy.

There are quiet a few of us here on the Ville who have had NICU babies. Thankfully, you and I get to say that our children are NICU Graduates!

I'll let you know when the package arrives

Slowcrocheter's beautiful ghan arrived today. It's even prettier than the pictures.

I finished this ghan from 280 Crochet Shell Patterns from Leisure arts. It's almost a granny and a shell all in one.

001-7.jpg

close up of stitches

002-4.jpg

Archived