Catheryn’s Doll

I wanted to do something special for a friend who sent me a couple boxes of fun:clap. I wracked :thinkmy little brain to try and figure out what she would like. Then it hit me:idea, a doll, not just any doll, but a Barbie in a very pretty dress. So I conspired with another friend to find out her favorite color.

Now when I make a doll, I do hate to give it away, I become attached to it. Infact, if you ask my family, they will tell you, I will not make them a doll. I do not do dolls on request or even to sell. It is like selling off a piece of myself and it is also like a UGH:yuck job.

I do give some away, as I make them for special people and when I do this, I try to think of what that person would like.

As with Catheryn’s Doll, I sent it off with a happy wish, a prayer of hopefulness and that it is received with the good thoughts and good wishes it was sent.

I have been dying to show you this doll, but I wanted to wait until I knew it was either out for delivery, or very, very close.

The pattern is from the Annie’s Attic Antebellum series, for June. Instead of doing it in white, I made it in Deep Purple. The thread used was America’s Best size #10.

So shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:wink till it is delivered, it is a surprise. Oh yeah, the picture does not do it justice.

th_8x6spCatherynsDoll.gif(clickable)th_8x6zmCatherynsDoll.gif

I can't get enough of looking at your work!! You are amazing!!!

This doll is gorgeous!! I too agree, when doing something for money, the project turns into a "job" instead of a labor of love. I give away everything I make and like you, always choose colors that have meaning for the recipient.

The only thing I will accept is money to just buy the yarn for a request. It's my only way of being able to continue to crochet. Again, fantastic job!!

I am one of your biggest fans!!

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

She is here at my house!!!!!!:clap:clap

I just cannot believe this......she is soooooooo very beautiful and soooooo very appreciated!!!!

Believe me, I will take the best of care of her!!!!:manyheart:manyheart

Mary Jo, thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!:hug:hug:hug

Archived