Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... I haven't touched the flag ghan in ages!!! I need to get the ATW done ASAP! Not sure if I'll even have until the 15th to get it done. I think my work schedule for that week will be screwed up. I hope not since I specifically requested off the last have of the week for the fair. might have to make a phone call to get that straightened out!!!

Krystal: I have my rows figured out now! I need a total of 144 rows. I am completely finished 4 rows and will be doing half of the 5th one today.

I have my pattern all figured out now! And it works! :clap It has even edges, even stitches and looks WAY better, if I may say so. hehe So basically I just made a whole new pattern! lol

ldyer, I have no idea why husbands think like that! :think

Sore

Krystal: I have my rows figured out now! I need a total of 144 rows. I am completely finished 4 rows and will be doing half of the 5th one today.

I have my pattern all figured out now! And it works! :clap It has even edges, even stitches and looks WAY better, if I may say so. hehe So basically I just made a whole new pattern! lol

ldyer, I have no idea why husbands think like that! :think

Sore

:woo

Glad you got it all figured out! Can't wait to see pictures!

Krystal: I'm a dumb-***! I forgot to count the foundation row!:eek It's 145 rows total.. LOL

I am done row 6! I was so excited today that it's looking so nice I couldn't make myself stop! :hook As soon as I get up to row 8 done (that's the first four colour changes) I will take a picture.

I've discovered that if I work on my afghan first, rather than small projects, I can do a whole row and not get sore. So put me up to a row a day! That way I will be done in around 5 months instead of 10!:lol I may actually get this done before the end of winter. That is my goal anyways. hehe

Sore

Ready to be confused?

The checkerboard is at a stand still on row 21. I can't find the yarn. Can't imagine where it is but I'll get more tomorrow.

Son's afghan was turned back into a baby afghan because I have a nephew coming in a couple days. (They are having to take him early because he is way to big.)

Husband's afghan is on hold until baby ghan is finished. I only have 10 rows left out of 30 so I should get back on track hopefully by Wednesday.

Not sure what I'm doing for my son now because he changed his mind on the pattern he originally wanted.

I'm done through row 116. Thats not too far behind considering that I didn't get a chance to touch it friday, sat, or sunday. We had alot of fun during my son's b-day party. He has been enjoying his gifts ever since. His first day of school was today. He came home and crashed in his little recliner...it was so cute. :) Thursday is the day that his recerc. will get done!! I can't wait. The little guy has been in alot of pain the last week and I hate making him cry when we clean it. I am thinking that I will get alot of crochet/knit time in on thursday when he is sleeping off the novacane (sp?).

Does anyone know of a really nice shrug? I want to make on so that I can keep wearing my maternity t-shirts this winter. I have seen prego women in them with the shrug going around their belly and I think it looks so cute. :)

I've been doing the baby blankets from Satan...row after row after row of DC in sport weight yarn. Only thing keeping me from hari-kari is the color changes I'm doing. Oh, and there are 2 of them...for twins. At least they're bold, bright colors, not wimpy baby pastels. First one finished and put away safely...so safely I can't find it now I want to wash them. I'll be done with #2 tonight and want to do in the ends, wash and mail; but can I find the first one? I swear I'm going to tear everything in this room apart cause I know it's in here.

Brenda - I have not seen what you are talking about - I thought the shrug was for your arms, but you mention around your belly, so I am confused. Dot seems to have a lot of nice free patterns for shrugs and shawls - try there... It's patterns by Dot or something like that online.

Kathy - your house sounds like mine... a black hole.

Guess WHAT!?!?!?

I've got 529 saltines attached!!! That was my original plan when I started this ghan for the games. I'm going to do a border of black saltines, so I've got 96 more to go, then a sc (or something) border!

Bedtime!

Got another skein of black. I'll be making saltines tonight! Wonder how many I can get out of this skein? I only need 91 more!

I'm at 30 so far! Gonna sew those on, then make another 30. I'll let you know how many I get out of it in case anyone else is curious.

Archived