Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally got strip #7 done. I've so far sewn strips 1-3 together, 4 & 5, and 6 & 7. Now I just need to sew these different sections together. I find I like to do the sewing as I go along, so that I don't have a lot to do at the end.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop out of this CAL. My daughter decided she no longer wants the checkerboard so tonight she will frog it and roll all that yarn back up. I guess that is what I get for telling her she can have whatever design she wants. This time I will tell her after I start it there will be no stopping. She is stuck with it.

I've done absolutely no cleaning or organizing yet. And Chris comes home on Tuesday. :eek I better kick it in high gear until then. Then I'll be pulling the flag ghan out to restart the 1/2 square a day to get it done! can't wait to cross that one off the list!

ROLL CALL!!!!

Saturday September 27, 2008Laura - latch R110.5

Wendy - Both S150

Cats - Clusters R46

Janet - R134 (caught up)

Amy - Flag on hold

Sore - Wave R20

JenU - Checkerboard R41

PBLKNP - Strips to 8

Virginia - Shawl to R254

Cathy - Rebel S146

Brenda - Baby to 20"

Donna - Finished to R20

Have fun!

:sigh

OK, rotating through these projects is getting too cluttered in my house, so I'm just going to work on them one at a time until either (A) they're done or (B) I have to change things up again.

I'm going to try to finish 6 rows/day on my bear claw. If I work on it for 20 days, it should be done. It seems like FOREVER!!!

Here's a poll for you:

Should I:

(A) Finish the projects that I can have done the fastest FIRST, so I have fewer WIPS? (One I can have done in 4 days, another in 5 days)

or

(B) Finish the projects I am making for myself FIRST, so I can enjoy them? (The bear claw will take me 20 days, the blue star another 10, grandmother's lace a LOT of days!)

Krystal, for you I'd continue with 1 row a day on the Bear Claw since that is for you, and then work on some projects that will get done quicker so you have fewer WIPs. This way you wont feel quite so overwhelmed, but you'll also feel good about working on a project for YOU!

Hi All. I haven't been in here since I finished my red and white checkerboard. In fact, I haven't crocheted much since then. We were moving and I didn't want to start anything else. Now, all the boxes have been unpacked and I have to reassess (sp) my wips. I may be back in here shortly. Til then...I'm cheering you guys on. :cheer :cheer :cheer

I would do a combination of A and B... For instance, work on bear claw or star first. Then work on a fast wip. Continue doing it for 4 -5 days until the fast wip is done. That way it will feel great to get a fast wip done while bear is like 1/4 done or star is 1/2 done.

Do it again with 2nd fast wip. Then star might be done at same time, or bear claw will be about 1/2 done! At this point, two wips are done and another wip could be 1/2 done or all done. :yes

(hope it make sense)

I'm cought up again on the afghan. I keep trying to get ahead but then get sick of working on the baby afghan. I keep telling myself that the sooner I get it done the sooner I can work on more stuff for my own little one. :)

Well, I sewed all my strips together for 1 through 7. It looks great so far! I'm now working on 8 and 9 simultaneously, to alleviate the boredom. I hope to get one or both done by Friday.

Archived