Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

K,

I have just now recieved the pattern for the daisy.. I will make one this weekend and send it off to you... I cant wait to do it. any specific colors that you need?

I finished the DS, and working on a rebel flag (320 saltines) I have 36 of those done.and just ducky I think that he has 300 something.. I have 8 of those saltines done. anyway, I would like them both done asap.. they will be christmas presents, but I have other projects that I need done also.

Like I said I will make your daisy this weekend and send it off,

Thanks,

Cathy

Carla - I pretty much have some of each color of each size... not everyone sends me a square worked to gauge, so I match by size as well. Let me know the size yours works out to and I'll let you know which color I have more/less of.

:D

I can't post roll call this morning, because I don't have my spreadsheet file - it's on my desktop and I'm without power on the laptop.

power was supposed to be restored by 8AM, but it's now 10AM. I think they're a little off on their estimations.

Ike paid us a small visit this weekend so I was able to sit on my couch all day Saturday and crochet. The checkerboard is now caught up I think. I've got 31 rows complete.

And I finished the baby blanket for my nephew. It's the Rainbow afghan done in brown. I have to say that I love the way it turned out and might try to do another in those colors except much bigger for myself.

091308_164900.jpg

I have through row 130 done. May just finish it off today or tomarrow. I have a scrap ripple that will go on here next so that I can get it done asap for my mom before I start working on things for my own baby.

No :crocheting for me today. Was my first official day as manager today. I got to close by myself. It wasn't bad, but closing is a piece of cake compared to opening, which I get to do by myself tomorrow!!!

Jenuwhiner, that Rainbow blanket is pretty. :yes I have made one in the colours suggested and never thought of doing it like that. Hmmmm, I need to get some more white and some variegated yarn now and make another one now. :lol

Thank you very much!

Krystal,

I didn't get anything done last night. I forgot my son's birthday and spent the night sucking up.

I finished my baby boy blanket last night!! Will get some pics later. I was wondering, I was going to do a scrap ripple with the baby yarn I have. I started it and some of it is sport weight and some is WW. It seems to bunch up a little in spots. I was wondering if this is from the different weight yarns or just my crocheting.

goofy, sounds like the yarn weight's difference. Do you use different hook sizes for each weight ? It will help a bit with the 'bunching up' part. Sometimes I crochet loose with ww yarn (same hook).

I have been using the same size hook. Would there be a better pattern to use to use up the scraps? Maybe something using two strands or something? This blanket will most likly be used for a baby that is due soon (coworker of my mom's) to be given to her in Nov. So something warm would be good.

Krystal - I have 134 rows!!!! I have been doing more each day as I am going away for a week and won't be taking the afghan with me :cheer

If I counted properly, I will be caught up until I get home

Thank goodness, I can put this down for a while

ROLL CALL!!!!

Wednesday September 17, 2008

Laura - latch R106

Brenda - Baby R131

Wendy - Both S141 :tryme:tryme :tryme

Christi - Hex 420 :tryme :tryme :tryme

Christi - Flag R31 :tryme :tryme :tryme

Jenny - King Done :tryme :tryme

Cats - Clusters R37

Janet - R135 (bumped up)

Amy - Flag M15

Amy ATW - Done?!?!

Sore - Wave R15.5 (I bumped you up)

Meegan - swaps

JenU - Checkerboard R32

PBLKNP - Strips to 5.5

Virginia - Shawl to R227 (bumped up)

Cathy - Rebel S56 (10 squares/day)

Donna - Finished to R20

Hmm.... I assumed since you were ahead every time I go to post, that you were always going to BE ahead. When I bump people up, it's sort of the "new" on-schedule. If you want to keep it so that you can pick it up and put it down like you mention, then I won't bump you up. If you plan on doing a row a day, but just managed to get extra done, then I can keep you bumped up. Does this make sense?

Archived