I think I've pushed my limit

Ohhhhh I've been in crochet/yarn bliss this last week! I've gone on a spending spree!

First, I bought a complete set of TOTC hooks. Then I won an ebay auction for some cashmere yarn. Then a lovely lady on this forum offered to get me some simply soft and post it over to me....then I found a yarn store (we don't have many independant yarn stores in Australia, this is the 2nd I've seen)...and bought the most delightful yarns, all imports from the UK.

Total of spending spree? $456 Australian dollars. My hubby doesn't realise just how much I've spent....but I've pushed my limit with him, and I know he's really really cross with me!

What spurred this spree? We're having a baby! We've been trying for years, and through the wonders of IVF we're now 7 weeks pregnant. I have never made wearables, so I'm busting to do that....and I've joined the knitwits CAL and am nearly finished my first knitted cardigan.

I'm on :c9....all this yarn...all those patterns.....and a baby thrown in too. I don't think I could be any happier!

Congratulations!

:yay

Babies are such a blessing (and babies with crafty mamas are equally blessed!). Here's to excellent health for you and your little bun in the oven. :hug

:bounce:yay

Wishing you and your husband, Health, Peace & Happiness! Congratulations to you both, babies are fantabulous!!! What a journey you're on - God bless!

annie

Wow! That is a lot, but so worth it as it will last you for quite some time. You won't have time once your baby is here. :D

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Our oldest is now pregnant due to IVF and is expecting twins in Sept. I know how excited you all must be. :hug

In My experience dads to be can be easily swayed y a few simple statements

1. By making things for the baby i will be saving money

2. What if I go on bed rest it will be much more pleasant if i have something to do.

3. Its for our baby.

and if all else fails cry and blame the hormones that should make everything ok. Congratulations.

Congratulations to you and your husband on your baby! Don't worry, he'll get over you spending so much on yarn. I'm glad you were able to get a big hull - now enjoy it.

Congratulations! :yay I have 2 kids but I didn't start crocheting 'til my youngest was almost 1 yr. I am not much of a wearables type I like stuffies. Now my boss, co-worker and best friend are all pregnant, so out come the blankets, bunnies and bibs! Have fun and again congratulations!

Congratulations!!! :clap Wow, now thats a fun shopping spree! Just tell hubby your hormones made you do it,lol! I am happy for you, Good luck! I wish you much blessings and a easy pregnancy!

Kim

Wow! That is a lot on yarn and what nots, but you could be spending it all on maternity wear anyway! Congratulations!!!!

Nah, she made the right choice. More yarn= happy happy joy joy. Besides, she can just steal hubby's baggy shirts and his pants that have an elastic waist. Just a few crocheted embellishments and they can turn quite feminine :devil.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

....then I found a yarn store (we don't have many independant yarn stores in Australia, this is the 2nd I've seen)...and bought the most delightful yarns, all imports from the UK.

Congratulations on the baby! WHereabouts in Sydney are you? Which yarn shop did you find? If you are on the North Shore, Greta's in Lindfield is lovely. She doesn't have any crochet patterns, but some lovely yarns... and no anti-crocheting attitude as I have heard of from some people round the boards...

(Not that you need any more yarn right now :)... )

Cheers

Archived