How much is Alot of Yarn?

kilikina

Well....I had maybe one plastic box when we moved ONE month ago! Ok? Now I have a lot more! I bought a bunch of "mill ends" and that really boosted my stash and of course, they opened a new Michaels near here and I found a bunch of yarn on sale there. AND they had some yarn at two local dollar stores....so what can you do? LOL You have to buy at least 5 skeins! A nice lady sent me a bunch of little balls for my Ami project. They are beautiful and perfect. I need to clean my craft room, since getting my puppy all my yarn has landed on the hockey table when I am not working on a project. Lately I haven't been able to stick with one project. So in my living room there's a pile of yarn. I'm surprised my husband hasn't complained! LOL You can't blame him really. He's a good guy. I'd complain. LOL Anyway, there's my answer.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll whisper this as I dont want to put any of you into a state of shock but....... I dont have a stash!!! There I've said it!!

I have just one shopping bag of yarn, which is in use right now. Its never occurred to me to stock up, I just decide on a project then go buy what I need. Am I very strange? Or am I normal and you ladies have a"problem" lol

I have three overflowing bins with a few bags of yarn on top of it. I would consider a lot of yarn to be when I can go shopping in my own stash, instead of the store. A lot of yarn is more than I have! LOL

Sore

I have a closet full, bags and totes on the floor. I need more Why? I don't know . I might need it some day for a project. love patterns too, have LOTS of them, and keep getting more.:yes I'm a yarn and pattern addict :yay bert :hook

Well, give or take a few skeins, it is close to 2,000 skeins, that includes cone yarn, cotton yarn and thread too. And that may be a low estimate.

It is stored in plastic bins in the basement (in two of the three closets), in cabinets around the basement, in boxes, also under the craft room bed and in the craft room closet.

My name is LI Roe and I am a yarnoholic.

LI Roe

• 2 months later...

Hmmmm ... I'm trying to figure out the best way to answer this. I know that I have about 1/4 of my livingroom stacked in totes, boxes and bags about 2-3 feet deep with yarn. That doesn't include yarn in totes, bags and boxes that are still in the garage and attic from our move over a year ago. But it is NEVER enough ...

I just started a new project two nights ago to organize my yarn. I filled up 4 large totes and have only just begun. Its amazing I'm finding stuff that I dont remember buying. I definitely dont need anymore yarn but I dont think that will stop me. The only problem now is my husband sees how much I have and has now started asking me to make him things. I'm sure I can keep myself busy for years with what I have.

less than 4 skeins... the crisis, the crisis...

I'd be going through withdrawal symptoms. :yes

I have what I consider a lot of yarn. 3 cabinet shelves, 4 rubbermaid stacked totes, plus one expandable hamper. Rough estimate -- 80-100 cakes/skeins. The shelves hold about 20-25 skeins each.

I gave up and just started looking at it in cubic yards! And I laugh at the absurdity of thinking I am REALLY going to get it all into closets and drawers. I did just buy 5 more Rubbermade totes for yarn storage, so that will help.

I'll join the crowd here.

I now have ten totes of yarn not all are that big of totes, ok.

I just bought another tote but I do plan on using some yarn before I buy anymore.

Honest!!!!!!!!!!

Teapot

I've got a big Rubbermaid tote crammed so full that the lid won't QUITE shut. So, of course I had to pile a box of cotton yarn on top of that. Just to make sure I got the lid to close, I had to put two totes of odds/ends yarn on top of the box. SO, when Michael's started running sales on those huge skeins of Berella 4, I had to just pile the big bags next to the box, because putting them on top just made for an avalanche. LOL BUT, I can say that I probably won't buy any more yarn this year. Well, for several months anyway. I hope!

I think I may have the smallest stash going! I have about a laundry basket and a half of yarn, and my hubby complains about it all the time! "When are you ever going to use all that yarn?!" I have just enough for the current projects I have going, and whatever was left over from my last project that I havent made squares out of yet. That's it!

I think I may have the smallest stash going! I have about a laundry basket and a half of yarn, and my hubby complains about it all the time! "When are you ever going to use all that yarn?!" I have just enough for the current projects I have going, and whatever was left over from my last project that I havent made squares out of yet. That's it!

Find some picture of other people's stashes, show him the pictures and say "hey my stash COULD be bigger.":D

I did have 6 overflowing totes -- but thanks to the discovery of Space Bags at Target I compressed them in to 2 1/2 totes!!

The best part is now I have room for more!!!!!! :)

Duh!! Space bags!!! Why didn't I think of that??! What a great idea to make the stash look smaller so you can sneak in a bit more... :devil YAY!! You are a genius. :lol

• 3 weeks later...

I have mine in totes. Everytime my dd buys yarn I feel the need to buy some also...:blush Now we should check with her and see how much stash she has? She wont join the stashbusting game....:think

Archived