How much is Alot of Yarn?

kilikina

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is how much yarn I have! lol

As much as I can afford to buy! (and CAN"T afford sometimes but WANT anyway)

As much as I can get away with buying ,without hubby noticing!

As much as I can cram into every corner of my home!

:lol:lol:lol

4 large totes 2 small totes. bottom of linen closet, under the bed, bedroom closet, big basket in the living room..... not sure if these are the only places I have yarn stashed so I'm really not sure how much I have.... I do know its never the right yarn for what I'm working on at the moment so I have to get more. The bonus is that I live a few blocks from Mary Maxim.... my other yarn closet LOL

i dont keep it in totes and i dont really keep track but last i counted (several months ago) i had somewhere in the ballpark of 300 balls/skeins. of course i have used some since and bought some so i am guessing it is still similar but im not sure it could be more like 250-350 now. i should really keep better track! shame on me!

• 2 weeks later...

Alot of yarn is when you stuff it in your mattress, pick fuzz off of your dishes and utensils, can't find the cat anymore, get warnings from the fire dept about your home being a fire hazard, and the last time you saw your DH, he was in his lounge chair next to some thread and a spider web pattern.

Ladies, you must keep the stash safely controlled. They tend to be frisky, and reproduce very rapidly. And watch out if they get too close to the hooks and needles, that is when they really have wild parties and invite their friends to join in.

I keep mine in tubs and zippered plastic bags, but I can hear them at night, whispering and planning the next bash. Especially that slim red tub....

• 2 weeks later...

I just added to my stash today... couldn't resist. I picked up about 10 more balls of yarn (Vanna's choice) from Michael's. I do have a project in mind, and these colors are so pretty... turquoise, deep scarlet, a creamy gold/brown, and some off white. My hubby's comment was... "More yarn?" He really doesn't care.

And since Big Lots was nearby I stopped in there. Saw a whole rack of yarn, really good prices... but not enough of any one kind to do any good, except fun fur and funky stuff. Didn't want that. Also stopped by Hancock's. They had a very small sale bin... nothing that I wanted or could use. They must be eliminating their yarn stock completely.

Anyhow... I still have some credit from Mary Maxim's... might add even more to my stash!

Well, would you think about 90 (yes, there is an 0 after the 9) boxes, bags, totes, containers. I have yarn multiplying when I am not looking. Do I buy more?? Oh yeah.

My name is LI Roe and I am a yarnoholic (bigtime).

LI Roe

I have a baby stash compared to some. I have 2 1/2 small shelves filled with yarn. I have a extra large tin(the popcorn ones you find around christmas) with specialty yarns, and my scraps.

Kim

I'm not sure mine even qualifies as a real stash. I've got maybe two dozen balls and skeins. It's that whole "starving" college student in a little apartment thing. Between living mostly off loans and financial aid, and moving from little place to little place, I try to acumulate as little yarn, fabric, ... as possable. Fourtinately, DH doesn't mind when I splurge and come home with a couple more skeins or get more than I need for a project.

• 8 months later...

I just cleaned up and organized my stash. I pulled out probably 1/4 of it and put it on here to sell. (whew! that's done...) I got rid of approx. 60 + skeins/partial skeins (not including the balls of yarn and the crochet thread) Luckily through word of mouth, someone who lived close by heard about it and they wanted almost all of it and I didn't have to mail the bulk of it! :clap

Sooooooooo, imagine what I have left in my stash. Basically I got rid of everything I didn't have projects lined up for. I have 11 huge bins of it plus a free standing 4 shelf cupboard. (I can say it has taken years to build up to this amount!) I didn't realize how much I had until I pulled all of the bins out of the closets! :think I've decided not to get too far ahead anymore! I probably won't make half the projects I had in mind, as it is! Heck, it takes me forever just to make one project! :eek I guess I just like to collect yarn! Maybe I'll have hubby build some glass fronted display cupboards and in the far far future, I can open an antique yarn museum! :dreaming

When I told my hubby that now I had more room to spread out the yarn I already had and didn't plan on buying anything new for a while! :blush My hubby just smiled, rolled his eyes :rolleyes and said, yeah right! :yes

Archived