How much is Alot of Yarn?

kilikina

I started out the year with 1000 skeins, I am down to 973. I made a promise to myself that I will not buy anymore yarn till I get down to 500. Will not buy any on clearance, sale, or just because I like the color. But I will buy what I need to do a special order, but that is the only reason to buy more. I also have a large tote with scrap yarn in it.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I have a perfectly normal stash (well, at least compared to fellow C'villers) It's perhaps more than I need, but a lot less that what I want! Some might call it a lot, but it could be worse. (this is what I tell myself to justify the many overflowing rubbermade totes in my closet)

Oh my - I just got some more yarn in the mail today I ordered from the "ebay channel" as my DH calls it. I just hope I get home first when my order from Herrschners gets here. :devil Hey, I put it all to good use, but I admit it is outgrowing its room. Sooo.....what doesn't fit in the room, a little stashed here, more stashed there & a huge spreadsheet keeping track of it all. I even passworded the file so no one can snoop to see how much I do have. Plus, everyone knows what to get me for gifts!

DS stayed over a couple of days after outpatient surgery and slept in my "yarn room". He came downstairs and said I have a problem upstairs - Way too much yarn :eek I asked him if he had looked under the table (covered), in the gigantic tote, under the futon, etc. :lol He hadn't, thank goodness :devil

DH says I can never have too much yarn........:woo

• 10 months later...

Hi, I'm Sue and I'm new to Crochetville. My hubby and I just organized my yarn and I have believe it or not, 12 totes and a dresser full not counting my threads. I put it all on the computer so I would know what was in each tote and marked the totes. I just counted up the amounts in the totes and I have a grand total of 435 skeins, I didn't count the half skeins, give or take a few for math errors and 1/2 skeins. I think I have enough to open a yarn store and I was just thinking today i needed to go out and get some yarn for a baby project I want to make. I think I better rethink that idea and just get to crocheing with what I have. Now I know why my hubby agreed to build on a room for my craft materials, he wants his storage space in the garage back! LOL

It's a good thing that it's only my dogs and I. They don't mind my yarn "collection". They just find a pile of it in a corner somewhere, climb up to the top and make a bed. My walk-in closet is full, a regular closet has a bunch shoved in at the top shelf. Every time, I open it up a cloud of yarn comes down on my head. All my desk drawers are full, too. I finally had to bring in one of those long folding tables into my workroom. I told myself that I needed to see my WIPs all laid out. HA! Now, it's piled high and underneath makes a great storage area. We do have garage sales about once a year. I do tear away some of my yarn to sell. If I didn't it would start to grow into some strange and unknown creature.

lets see i have one LARGE tote full 2 LARGE garbage bags full 2 large flexible laundry baskets full and a china cabinet doors and drawers full of yarn choices contrast/match waiting for a project one drawer full of scraps and flowers already made 3 totes with WIPS in them I think that is all LOL as my hubby would say I think that is "enough"

I have a 2 or 3 tubs full!!

But I never have what I'm looking for. Or what I want to work with.

So I guess I don't have enough yarn .

But if you my other half he will tell a different story.

He thinks I have more then I should.

don't tell I started to put it in the attic, he never goes up there. :)

I have a 2 or 3 tubs full!!

But I never have what I'm looking for. Or what I want to work with.

So I guess I don't have enough yarn .

But if you my other half he will tell a different story.

He thinks I have more then I should.

don't tell I started to put it in the attic, he never goes up there. :)

LOL i wont tell as long as you dont tell my DH that the 2 Large bags full and hidden in the closet behind the Large bins ahahahahahah we are terrible

About 10 totes of yarn. 4 or more boxes of thread. Never enough because it is not what I need for the pattern I want to do. :lol:lol In every room of the house except the bathroom. And I'm working on that. :yes

• 3 weeks later...

My yarn is stored and sorted in the large bulk food containers that are clear heavy duty plastic. Plus a large box for the big 'pounder' balls. I have 16 containers and each is very full, I'm surprised they haven't popped their lids LOL. I never seem to have enough.

The CWL women do a lot of crocheting for me so I supply them with yarn to make squares/strips for the Blankets for Canada. Then the squares are dropped off here for me to put them together into blankets. These are then shipped out or picked up by places that deliver them to the homeless to keep them warm.

I also like to make items for the Christmas Bazaar - you know the type, bookmarks, coasters, hot pads, tea towel toppers, and so on.Very rarely I have time to make myself an afghan, but many ladies have made me one or two which I greatly appreciate. I'm always collecting patterns.

Your squares are so unique that I love them and I'm going to incorporate them into some afghans and lapghans for the nursing homes. Thanks for sharing so many of your designs, I love them all. Teresa

one 88 gallon storage bin on wheels I found in Roses the other day. It is clear so I get to look at all the pretty colors. I stay clear of yarn and fabric stores, my house is just to small to handle it. My husband I must say never says anything about how much I have. I hate taking him with me as he is an enabler. "Do you need any yarn or want to stop at the fabric store" I have to leave him home.

Oh wow...two large totes, one large trash bag, and 20 letter size storage boxes in our storage building outside, two under the bed storage bins and probably 20 shoe boxes under the bed, the top of my closet, and 2 totes worth in my sons closet and two large yarn totes behind the couch...trying to think where else I have hidden yarn :devil

• 3 weeks later...
:ohdear:embarHi my name is Scooby and I am a yarnaholic. Just guessing I probably have 1000+ full skeins of yarn, and probably 2000+ partial skeins and balls. I still buy yarn when I see it on clearance or at the thrift stores :lol. I have all types of yarn from thread to ww to the fuzzy/frilly yarns. It seems I can never enough yarn or patterns. Like most of you, I have yarn in every room except the bathroom. :D

At last count I had 14 plastic totes full of various types of yarn, PLUS one of those hanging wardrobes FULL of nothing but RHSS. LOL And that doesn't count the shopping bags and other several cardboard boxes full of yarn!

Archived