What is your favorite thing to crochet?

What is your ONE favorite thing to crochet?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your ONE favorite thing to crochet?

• Granny square afghan
    • Ripple afghans
    • Other types of afghans
    • Anything filet
    • Adult wearables
    • Baby & Child wearables
    • Decorations, home decor
    • Clothes for dolls and bears
    • Toys, Amigurumi, angels
    • Doilies

Babies and childrens wearables for me!!!! I have 5 grandkids under the age of 5 and two more on the way. :eek The little ones love anything that Nana makes for them and I love making them things. Next would have been adult wearables or toys. I don't like to do afghans because they take too long to make and I am usually where it is warm, so I don't want one in my lap. My hot flashes(I mean, Power Surges) keep me warm enough...:rofl

This is a great poll, I like seeing what others like to make.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love making clothes for my god kids and babies. My youngest god daughter has a doll that is about the size of a 3 mo old and I make clothes for her too. I also make clothes for my Bratz dolls too. So i guess mines would be babies and children and dolls.

I can make a long list of things I don't enjoy crocheting... but my tastes vary every few years. I do love to make afghans.. but they take me months, because I'm slow and I don't crochet 24/7. I like wearables too, and have tried my hand at caps, socks, mittens, and baby stuff too. Not too crazy about doilies, but made a pretty runner for my cedar chest not long ago. I've made a lot of dishcloths and towel toppers and some hot pads over the years. Sometimes I just like to sit down with a ball of yarn and play with it until an idea comes to me.

I recently started on my very first doily shirt, so I guess I'm making a doily AND women's clothing. LOL. I've been wanting to do one of these for some time, but I want to do it my way. That may mean that it's going into the trash afterwards, but I'm excited to give this a try. I'm sure not looking forward to transforming this to all sizes. That will be a pickle to deal with. I do like my challenges, though. After that, I plan on going back to making my bathing suits. I have a very long "To DO" list in my head.

Why couldn't you do a variable sized strip down the sides that can be altered for most of the size differences... Just do the front and back the same... vary the size of the strap part over the shoulder and make like a matching one on the sides... that would be good? Cant wait to see a pic of your finished shirt!

I love Mocha the Wolf! Very cute. I've been trying to find a decent pattern for a little wolf as a gift for a friend. There aren't very many things for wolves and crocheting period. I was thinking of trying to make my own. I recently made up a pattern for another critter, so now I've got the confidence for making more.

To tell you the truth... on Mocha, due to the type of yarn... I actually cheated. I made a rectangle of about 5" x 8" and then joined into a tube. I crocheted ends for the chest and rear. I made the legs the same way. I think 4" x 3". I just did the nose 1st in the smoother yarn and then added the brushed yarn. Made ears then attached and the tail. Once done, I used a soft brush and brought out the "fur" and trimmed to make it neat. I think blue eyes would be better but the buyer wanted brown. Oh, and I think I made a little neck too.

It was super easy! Let me know how it turns out!

Babies and childrens wearables for me!!!! I have 5 grandkids under the age of 5 and two more on the way. :eek The little ones love anything that Nana makes for them and I love making them things. Next would have been adult wearables or toys. I don't like to do afghans because they take too long to make and I am usually where it is warm, so I don't want one in my lap. My hot flashes(I mean, Power Surges) keep me warm enough...:rofl

This is a great poll, I like seeing what others like to make.

I loved the Power Surges! :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Thank you! The poll has actually surprised me quite a bit! I am also glad to have thought of it. I hope more will post too!

My answer would change all the time. Sometimes I love afghans, other times I want to make shawls or scarves. Doilies are fun for a change. Last year, I made fat bottom bags.

I enjoy making a variety of items, but if I have to choose one favorite- I guess scarves and hats. I like the instant gratification of actually completing something.:)

I also love to make dishcloths for the same reason.

I am just loving all the different answers! So varied... I know it is hard to pick just one item as a favorite since I too would say it does change. I guess I love my critters the best but just like to take time off and do something different but will always go back and make more critters. :)

my favorit thing to crochet i think would be toys! I have always loved stuffies and now can make my own. I also like scarfs and things that don't take to long so i can see what it looks like sooner. However its always nice to beable to step back and admire an afghan that took you forever to finish.

• 9 months later...

I love to make baby clothes. Sweaters, bonnets, booties and other things. I donate them to the local hospitals. I know they are appreciated.

I also make burial gowns for those little angels that are returning to Heaven. Those are needed at such a sad time for a family. It's a real blessing that I can make these and give them away.

:manyheart

Tough one.. I love to make potholders and dishcloths. I like to make amigurumis, but sometimes get sidetracked and don't sew the limbs on for a while! Or.. they will remain limbless, because 6sc around and around is tedious. Of course, my favorite part is sewing on the face though.. because you get to watch it come to life! :hyper

Archived