What is your favorite thing to crochet?

What is your ONE favorite thing to crochet?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your ONE favorite thing to crochet?

• Granny square afghan
    • Ripple afghans
    • Other types of afghans
    • Anything filet
    • Adult wearables
    • Baby & Child wearables
    • Decorations, home decor
    • Clothes for dolls and bears
    • Toys, Amigurumi, angels
    • Doilies

Ummm... none of the above?

I really don't have a favorite. It truly depends on my mood. I love amigurumi, but sometimes don't feel like dealing with small parts like arms, legs, etc... I love to make purses, but hate to line them... I love to make bookmarks... but sometimes I don't have the patience to work with the tiny hook and thread...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Variety is the spice of life" pretty much defines my way of thinking so, naturally, it applies to crochet too. I mean, crochet has SO much to offer so why limit ourselves to one or two things??? I don't know if it's because I got back to crochet after many years or that I'm not big on patience but I've needed "instant gratification", so most things I've made haven't taken too long. I also like to alternate between different types of yarn and thread. I now want to make clothing items but this coming year I also want to try amigurumi and maybe a small something in fillet.

I love crocheting anything wearable...it's new clothes and crocheting all at the same time!

After that, I love doing afghans, especially in the winter, where you can drape the afghan over your lap as you're working on it.

I voted for adult wearables only because I seem to be on a shawl kick. lol I made one for my mom, one for my husband's grandmother, another for my mom, in the process of making one for my grandmother, one for a friend of mine, and several in mind for myself and possibly others. So many lovely designs, I just can't make up my mind which one I want so I'm making them all! lol I'm also making several scarves this year and I would guess my close second would be baby blankets. I like that the baby blankets are quick and a nice project to do when easing into afghans and other blankets. But really, I'm so enthusiastic about my crochet that I love working on anything and seeing how well it turns out in the end! :)

Afghans are my first love. But if I ever learn how I think I would like to make toys and purses. I might can do toys but don't have a sewing machine so purses might not be in the cards for me unless I can had do the linings.

I read posts of people who made purses on Show-And-Tell and did their sewing by hand so don't let that stop you from making purses, but I do agree having to line is a PITA either way, I do sew on a machine but still have the first purse I made for my sister waiting...

My favorite is a teddy bear pattern from Red Heart. It's made in pieces, but you join the pieces as you go, so there are no seams, no sewing the arms/legs/ears on. I usually use WW Red Heart, but I've tried it with sport, baby, chunky and an attempt at Fun Fur.

I can't begin to count how many of those I've made for new babies on Air Force bases.

That bear pattern sounds great, is it in a book or is it available online? My daughter wants me to make her amigurumi and I have a book but it doesn't explain things and all the pieces are done separately and have to be sewn later...

• 5 weeks later...

It's hard to pick one! But mostly I LOVE to make toys! It's so fun and they are so well received! I made my ten yr old a bowling set and he loves it. He can also pass it down to future generations.

Hi: I like to make shawls or hats. There is a cute beret pattern on a Homespun label. You can go crazy making shawls, using different stitches and adding fringe. In cold climates there is the scarf. Nice to meet you. I hope 2009 is going well.

:crocheting anything is wonderful. Having said that, right now my :manyheart are neck warmers, scarves, fingerless gloves and RR's. I have two RR's on the hook and one scarf right now. When I need a change, I'll switch projects. Need to get that scarf done before end of January for the 12 scarf CAL :lol

I love to make dishcloths because (1) I love to work with cotton, (2) they're quick, and (3) I can practice a new stitch. I use the ones I make and have given some as gifts. I've been on afghans lately because they've been requested, and I like to make things for others. I like to make scarves and caps, but here in Mississippi, we don't need them that much. It's been cold this past week, but it doesn't last long here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived