What is your favorite thing to crochet?

What is your ONE favorite thing to crochet?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your ONE favorite thing to crochet?

• Granny square afghan
    • Ripple afghans
    • Other types of afghans
    • Anything filet
    • Adult wearables
    • Baby & Child wearables
    • Decorations, home decor
    • Clothes for dolls and bears
    • Toys, Amigurumi, angels
    • Doilies

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but well...anything? It depends on my mood, and the time I have and what yarn I have...sound familiar? :think

Scarves, hats, washcloths, grannies to practice with a new yarn, starting a doily to see how a yarn will pattern out (variegated, stripes, etc.,) I just like the feel of the hook in yarn, hehe.

Ok, I guess that is enough babbling...:c9

Wellll......I like crocheting scarves, afghans, dishcloths, snuggles for the animal shelter, ummmmmm just about anything that catches my eye. I like to crochet rectangles right now one because I can donate them to charity and two, to practice different stitches since I just recently bought the 365 crcohet stitches a year book :cheer.

My absolute favorite has always been doilies, but my place is only so big for so many doilies. I switched over to making women's clothing that is mostly out of thread and very lacy. That has been a happy medium for me. I've been doing that for about 10 years now. For the last 2 years, I've been working with yarn, but after this WIP I'll be back to crochet thread. I'm excited and looking forward to comming back home to thread.

but well...anything? It depends on my mood, and the time I have and what yarn I have...sound familiar? :think

Scarves, hats, washcloths, grannies to practice with a new yarn, starting a doily to see how a yarn will pattern out (variegated, stripes, etc.,) I just like the feel of the hook in yarn, hehe.

Ok, I guess that is enough babbling...:c9

It seems to me that you are a true lover of this fiber art we call crochet!

Afghans...love it, my mind loves the peace it brings me to make an afghan.

It is so nice you are able to get peace from your crocheting!

Doilies or anything in thread!!!

Hi Vonnie! and what beautiful work you do too!

Wellll......I like crocheting scarves, afghans, dishcloths, snuggles for the animal shelter, ummmmmm just about anything that catches my eye. I like to crochet rectangles right now one because I can donate them to charity and two, to practice different stitches since I just recently bought the 365 crcohet stitches a year book :cheer.
So what you are actually saying is that you pretty much like it all! :lol How is the 365 crochet stitches a year book? I was thinking of getting it as well!

my favorite is afghans for baby's.

jaye

What wonderful gifts you must give Jaye!

I like making all kinds of things but my very favorite is to make things for the new babies. I think every new baby should have something made with love for them :manyheart
It is so nice to see a baby wearing something so special. You just know that it was made with love and 99% of the time, it was made with them in mind! I am sure what you have made will be past down for generations...

I love to make mittens. I actually made my first pair that the top opens up to expose your finger tips. I was really proud of myself
I would be proud too! Sounds so tricky to me!

I enjoy anything challenging; so much of my work is mundane....grannies, wash cloths and the same patterns over and over
Have you ever tried to make something using Amigurumi? What about making your own patterns and write them up? Use both written and graph directions...

Isn't it obvious?

Clothes for ME!!!!

And I am a big fan of your beautiful work too! :yay

My absolute favorite has always been doilies, but my place is only so big for so many doilies. I switched over to making women's clothing that is mostly out of thread and very lacy. That has been a happy medium for me. I've been doing that for about 10 years now. For the last 2 years, I've been working with yarn, but after this WIP I'll be back to crochet thread. I'm excited and looking forward to comming back home to thread.
Isn't it funny how thread affects you that way? What are you going to do with the thread? Women's clothes or doilies? I found a great seller that has thread sized chenille and other yarns so that I am able to make things that you use thread for and yet get the different textures that yarn offers.

Thank you for all your comments... this is very informative!

Grocery bags. :lol I love that I'm not spending any money on them and using materials I already have. That's the ultimate in sustainability, right there!

And since that one wasn't in the options, I chose toys....I love making things for my daughter to play with. :) She loves having stuff I made her in her toy kitchen "pantry", too!

But... but.... but

.....> you don't have a place for hats. Hats are a category unto themselves... how can I vote when there is no "Hats" slot :blush

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

You may be thinking that I like to make hats... that would be a correct assumption. :yes

Grocery bags. :lol I love that I'm not spending any money on them and using materials I already have. That's the ultimate in sustainability, right there!

And since that one wasn't in the options, I chose toys....I love making things for my daughter to play with. :) She loves having stuff I made her in her toy kitchen "pantry", too!

So do you use them or make them? I am sorry but confused... :think I like the idea you are recycling from what I gather... :D

Lately I've really been into making stuffed animals. I've gotten hooked on amigurumi. Plus they make interesting gifts to give to people. I also like making scarves. That comes from growing up with cold winters (a person can never have too many scarves!) and I like how simple they are to make. A basic scarf doesn't really need a pattern.

But... but.... but

.....> you don't have a place for hats. Hats are a category unto themselves... how can I vote when there is no "Hats" slot :blush

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

You may be thinking that I like to make hats... that would be a correct assumption. :yes

You just made my day darski! But if you will look at the categories, I would put hats under adult clothing... although YOU believe they are a category unto themselves, Crochetville only gave me 10 options and therefore I was unable to place your precious hats in their own category. However, if I were to do another poll... I will put them onto their own little place! But then I suppose that I will get that there are different hats and that I should have separated them as well :think

Lately I've really been into making stuffed animals. I've gotten hooked on amigurumi. Plus they make interesting gifts to give to people. I also like making scarves. That comes from growing up with cold winters (a person can never have too many scarves!) and I like how simple they are to make. A basic scarf doesn't really need a pattern.

Yes, quite cold in Minnesota! Grandparents had a fishing resort in Bemidji and I would hear horror stories of how the lake was still frozen in May and how they would sometimes get snow in Sept! :wbrr

You just made my day darski! But if you will look at the categories, I would put hats under adult clothing... although YOU believe they are a category unto themselves, Crochetville only gave me 10 options and therefore I was unable to place your precious hats in their own category. However, if I were to do another poll... I will put them onto their own little place! But then I suppose that I will get that there are different hats and that I should have separated them as well :think

Maybe you should just make a poll for favorite type of hat to make. :lol

Yes, quite cold in Minnesota! Grandparents had a fishing resort in Bemidji and I would hear horror stories of how the lake was still frozen in May and how they would sometimes get snow in Sept! :wbrr

Bemidji is a good couple of hours north of where I'm from, but I believe it! Usually in my area it would wait until Halloween to snow. It seemed like every year it would either snow or rain on Halloween. That sure made trick-or-treating fun....

I make alot of scarves.............it's rare when I go out with one on and come home with it. :shrug I just like to make other's happy (and warm!):hook

Of course if you looked at my little corner of the living room, I have a ton of WIP's.............eh, I'll get to them someday:lol

Maybe you should just make a poll for favorite type of hat to make. :lol

Bemidji is a good couple of hours north of where I'm from, but I believe it! Usually in my area it would wait until Halloween to snow. It seemed like every year it would either snow or rain on Halloween. That sure made trick-or-treating fun....

I know what you mean about Holloween and the cold! It woud even be cold enough in Utah that the kids might as well have just painted their faces since they were wearing coats and hats! You said you like to make the critters... check out my website & tell me what you think!

I make alot of scarves.............it's rare when I go out with one on and come home with it. :shrug I just like to make other's happy (and warm!):hook

Of course if you looked at my little corner of the living room, I have a ton of WIP's.............eh, I'll get to them someday:lol

That is so sweet of you! I have made some scarfs but I don't really like wearing them. I am in NC now and it doesn't get that cold here.

Isn't it funny how thread affects you that way? What are you going to do with the thread? Women's clothes or doilies? I found a great seller that has thread sized chenille and other yarns so that I am able to make things that you use thread for and yet get the different textures that yarn offers.

I recently started on my very first doily shirt, so I guess I'm making a doily AND women's clothing. LOL. I've been wanting to do one of these for some time, but I want to do it my way. That may mean that it's going into the trash afterwards, but I'm excited to give this a try. I'm sure not looking forward to transforming this to all sizes. That will be a pickle to deal with. I do like my challenges, though. After that, I plan on going back to making my bathing suits. I have a very long "To DO" list in my head.

That's really nice of you! I should consider doing that since I'm in Florida most of the year for school, and I can't wear all my scarves at once. Plus this summer I got a really nice cashmere scarf in Italy, and that became my favorite while I was home over the holidays. So soft!

I know what you mean about Holloween and the cold! It woud even be cold enough in Utah that the kids might as well have just painted their faces since they were wearing coats and hats! You said you like to make the critters... check out my website & tell me what you think!

I love Mocha the Wolf! Very cute. I've been trying to find a decent pattern for a little wolf as a gift for a friend. There aren't very many things for wolves and crocheting period. I was thinking of trying to make my own. I recently made up a pattern for another critter, so now I've got the confidence for making more.

I really like to do afghans. I have to focus, but not too hard on what I'm doing. Usually because I always choose easy patterns! :lol I spend a lot of time waiting for the kids at sporting practice/schools, etc. Afghans are a great way to pass the time.

anna

Archived