Prayer Afghan Ministry - Squares Needed

Croshay

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Croshay. Can the squares be any pattern?

I have the bright orange RH.

Any pattern is OK, but the cancer resource center has requested that they're not lacey or holey because they want the patients to be warm. Other than that, just please make them as close as you can to 12" square. That's a big help in putting them together.

:ty and :hug

I saw the pumkin/carrot color...but in keeping with my leaning toward bright, shiny things....picked up a Caron One Pounder in bright orange:D

Judy, I like your tendency toward bright, shiny things. :heehee

We've got 3 ORANGE squares so far and they're all in a real bright shade. :sun

How are you gals coming along with those ORANGE squares?

I haven't been able to start on any ORANGE ones yet. I'm making myself finish up the last navy blue afghan first. I'm hoping to get it finished this weekend. :xfin

Deborah - Thanks! I'll be watching for it. Hope you enjoyed your break. :D

I am enjoying my break :D Still have a month to go......

Hope your afghans are flying together!! :clap

Croshay,

I posted yesterday that I just sent my squares your way and also asked if it's ok to make orange ones with 50% wool 50% acrylic as it's already in my stash and I don't know where that post went :( Is it ok for me to use this yarn?

I haven't started on my squares yet. One more question before I start on them. Is it ok to do a basic granny square or is it too open?

Selanda, I'd say it depends on the hook size. The cancer resource center has requested that our squares/afghans are not too lacy or holey because they want them to be warm for the patients. :c9

Croshay,

I posted yesterday that I just sent my squares your way and also asked if it's ok to make orange ones with 50% wool 50% acrylic as it's already in my stash and I don't know where that post went :( Is it ok for me to use this yarn?

Fredja, I think we should stick with all acrylic or else the square(s) that have wool in them will shrink when I wash the completed afghan. Good question! :D

Ok, then, you should get my pink and white squares in about two weeks, all acrylic (spanish postal service is waaaaay slow :D)

Mailed 5 orange square and 2 yellow squares. You should get them in a few days. I will try and do more, but have a couple of projects to get out first.

Deedes

Mailed 5 orange square and 2 yellow squares. You should get them in a few days. I will try and do more, but have a couple of projects to get out first.

Deedes

Deedes, :ty so much - those will be great!

I'll let you know when they arrive!

Deborah, I should have said your navy blue square arrived safe and sound. :yes When I can get to it, I'm going to make 2 more squares so we'll have another afghan in that color. :clap

We're up to 5 completed afghans now :clap and I'm still working on putting together the last navy blue afghan. :blush

Deborah, I should have said your navy blue square arrived safe and sound. :yes When I can get to it, I'm going to make 2 more squares so we'll have another afghan in that color. :clap

We're up to 5 completed afghans now :clap and I'm still working on putting together the last navy blue afghan. :blush

I have 3 navy blue that I can mail as soon as we get home. Sorry to say that won't be until next week.:( I don't know if you want to wait for them or not. I will mail them either way next week.

Pattty

Archived