Prayer Afghan Ministry - Squares Needed

Croshay

Judy, sorry about that...I meant to put the :lol after that last comment.

:lol :lol :lol

I love shocking people by using that term....:lol:lol:lol:lol

And when it comes to graphghans I am obsessed. Once I start them I get way too excited to see the "reveal" to let it sit idle for too long. I even design some of them.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Croshay you always know just what to say and I thank you for that :hug

I am the kind of person who is always stressed out and I feel it comes from my health issues that do keep me from doing what I truly want to and wish I could do. :blush

My poor DH is constantly trying to de-stress me! :sigh

It's hard not to feel stressed out when you have to tell one of your kids you won't be making it to their class party, band concert, or talent show act.

You get the picture. With 3 kids, there' a lot of activities going on all the time and I just can't make it to all of them. :ohdear They are amazing kids and always tell me it's okay and that just makes me want to do more for them!

Anyway, I love :manyheart doing the squares and love :manyheart changing colors each month. I have 3 squares on their way to you and still have lime green yarn left to make a few more so they'll be on the way when I get some white ones done.

Crocheting for charity is how I reach out to others and make a difference since I no longer get to be in the classroom. :hook

:yarnlauren:yarn

You're welcome.

Do you need any more lime green to finish a ghan? I still have some left...

Judy, we've got 22 lime green squares so far, and there could be more waiting for me to pick up at church. I'll let you all know if I pick up more on Sun. 8 more would be just right to complete 2 lime green afghans for this month.

:ty and :hug

How's everyone doing? :think

Croshay, did you get my squares and the little surprise for you? :hug

:yayHappy Crocheting :hook

I know I'm a little behind but what color are we doing this month?

White, I think....

Croshay...do you need more lime green? I have some of that color left and can get you a few maybe....

White, I think....

Croshay...do you need more lime green? I have some of that color left and can get you a few maybe....

Thank you, Judianne

How's everyone doing? :think

Croshay, did you get my squares and the little surprise for you? :hug

:yayHappy Crocheting :hook

Sorry to say I've been a real slacker & haven't gone to church the past 2 weeks so I don't have your package yet. :ohdear We're going out of town for a weekend getaway, so I won't be there this Sun. either. I'll let you know when I make it over there & pick up your package. I'll try to stop on my way home from work one day next week. :yes

White, I think....

Judy, sorry to say I haven't been over to church to pick up any more packages. Just hold off on the LIME GREEN unless you've just got some yarn sitting there itching to be worked up. :hook

I wanted to let you gals know that I delivered one of our afghans today. It didn't exactly make it to the cancer resource center, but it did go to a lady who has 3rd stage cancer in her uterus, ovaries, and I forgot where all. She's a lady I worked with several years ago (probably about 60 years of age now), and her mother works at my daughter's daycare. Her mother was telling me this afternoon about the lady's cancer and how bad it was (they did surgery, didn't get it all, she has to have chemo, etc.) and I said I'll be right back, I've got something for her.

I went back & took her the first TEAL afghan that we completed as a group and explained to her with teary eyes about our ministry. She was touched and hugged me and thanked me. She also said her daughter loves to sit around with a blanket on her and she thinks our afghan will be comforting for her. :yay

Croshay, that's wonderful that you had a ghan ready to give like that!

And I'll play with the lime green,:)

Have a fun week!

Fantastic story!! I wasn't involved with the ministry yet so I didn't send any Teal squares. The story touched me regardless knowing that what we do, share our God given talent of crochet, is touching others lives in ways we couldn't imagine! Very cool!

I'm finally working on another lime green square. If you don't need anymore I have another place that will use it. Been busy with HIJ stuff, etc...but will always be here to try and help where I can.

Fantastic story!! I wasn't involved with the ministry yet so I didn't send any Teal squares. The story touched me regardless knowing that what we do, share our God given talent of crochet, is touching others lives in ways we couldn't imagine! Very cool!

You know, that's exactly the way I see it...God gave me my talent for a reason and now I know what it is! :clap

:ty to CandEsMom for another donation of 2 beautiful LIME GREEN squares which I (finally) picked up from church yesterday. This color is beautiful! What kind of yarn is this? It has such a pretty sheen to it.

:ty and :hug

Archived