Prayer Afghan Ministry - Squares Needed

Croshay

Do you still need some lime green squares? If not, I can use the 2 of them elsewhere.....:hook

Judy, we've got 27 lime green squares, so it depends on what else I receive from the other 2 gals who said they'll be sending squares soon. I picked up a skein of lime green yarn last weekend to get ready to put them together. :hook

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:ty to CandEsMom for another donation of 2 beautiful LIME GREEN squares which I (finally) picked up from church yesterday. This color is beautiful! What kind of yarn is this? It has such a pretty sheen to it.

:ty and :hug

Thanks! It's Lion Brand Micro Spun. It's an ultra soft sport weight. I wasn't sure how it would work because it is lighter than what I usually use, but it was all I could find in lime green. I'm glad it worked well.

I'll be working on a couple of white for July. I've been busy working on my summer camp swap project. But now that's done and I can get back to squares.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've received LOTS of squares since the last time I posted. :cheer Please forgive me for not posting sooner. I've been involved with some other projects and also dealing with some personal issues. :blush I'll be sending personalized thank-you's shortly.

THANK YOU again for your support of this wonderful ministry! :hug

THANK YOU to Pat for 2 white squares received! This one with the heart pattern worked in is really neat. When I get my digital camera back from the repair shop, I'll try to remember to post a pic of that one.

These are a great addition to our stash! THANKS once again for your support of this ministry! :hug

• 3 weeks later...

THANK YOU to Lora3814 for 3 squares received - and I'm so sorry I didn't post this sooner. I had put this puffy of squares in with some completed afghans and forgot the puffy was down in the big bag. This contribution includes 1 orange, 1 lime green, and 1 purple. THANKS! :hug

• 3 weeks later...

Croshay can you PM your address again. Looks like I've lost it. Probably buried under my stash of yarn. Or my cat ate it. lol I was wondering if there's a specific color you're looking for now? I'm in a break between projects and want to make more squares for this cause. I've been re-reading the posts and I don't see any list of month/color needed. Is there one?? Thanks for the info!

I've been very busy with other things but have not forgotten this ministry or our mission! I look forward to being able to spend more time on this project as soon as I'm able. :jumpyay

I'm still just a few clicks away if you have any questions or want to send squares in the meantime.

:ty for your support and patience! :hug

Will be happy to send you some 12" squares. I have some orange yarn, that I've had for some time and was using it for another pattern I had, but I didn't like the way it came out so I'll use it to help you.

God Bless you. I lost a friend 6 years ago to cancer. And most of my family so I know what this means to you.:clap

Mary

Mary, I'm so sorry about your friend. :hug It's been 5 years since I lost my friend to colon cancer, and I still think of her very often.

Thank you for offering to support this great ministry. I will PM you with mailing information for your orange squares. :hook

Here's a better picture of that latest navy blue afghan.

I made this one 4 squares by 5 and I like the size better, although it uses more squares this way. The lady at the cancer resource center had suggested making the lapghans 3 x 5 and they just seem too long for the width or something. What do you all think? :think

PAMBlueAfghan11-08.jpg

According to this site which lists several afghan sizes - http://www.planetshoup.com/easy/tips/afghsize.shtml - the correct size for a lapghan is 3' x 4' which would be twelve 12" squares. I'll try assembling the next one in that size and see if it seems large enough.

Patty, thanks for your input, and I still welcome input from others on the size.

:ty

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived