Prayer Afghan Ministry - Squares Needed

Croshay

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 2 done so far. I want to make a few more before I send them. Hopefully I will be able too next week. The carnival for my DDs school is tomorrow and I got the worst cold.

I'm sorry for taking so long to get back with you all. I started a new job on Monday, and my son had to go back to the hospital that evening. :( It's been a busy and stressful week, to say the least. Thanks for understanding, and I WILL reply to each of you ASAP. :yes

I'm sorry for taking so long to get back with you all. I started a new job on Monday, and my son had to go back to the hospital that evening. :( It's been a busy and stressful week, to say the least. Thanks for understanding, and I WILL reply to each of you ASAP. :yes

Family first...that's my motto:hug

I hope your son is okay....:manyheart

I have 2 done so far. I want to make a few more before I send them. Hopefully I will be able too next week. The carnival for my DDs school is tomorrow and I got the worst cold.

Karin, let us know how that carnival goes. I hope you received enough beanbags to make the game a success and fun for the kiddos. And get well soon from that cold! :sick

Proper thank-you's will soon be coming for Sharon and Andrea. I just wanted to let you know your packages have been received.

I'm heading to the hospital in a few minutes to visit my son, and I'll post better thank-you's either tonight or tomorrow.

:ty all so much for being so supportive of this ministry and for being patient with me trying to coordinate it!

:hug

Judy, my emails kept bouncing back so I finally called her. She said it's not a problem....so crochet away! :hook

Thanks! Off to :crocheting right now...:hook

Poor thing, you must be exhausted.:out Patty feels it in IN and you don't hear it in your backyard.

How is your son doing? :lol

I got 7 dark blue squares done out of what was left of my dark blue. Another color bites the dust. :cheer. What are we working on next, color wise.

Oh the squares were put in the mail today.

:ty :ty :ty to CandEsMom/Sharon and her daughter for the squares I picked up from church Wed. night! Sharon made a teal square, an orange square, 2 navy blue squares, 2 more terrific squares for my son's comfortghan, and her daughter was inspired by my son's comfortghan to learn to crochet, and SHE even made her first square for him! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Sharon, please tell her it's just FANTASTIC and it will DEFINITELY be in my son's comfortghan!

I truly appreciate your help with this ministry and with helping comfort my son during this challenging time.

:ty and :hug

:ty :ty :ty to Andrea for 4 more squares! Andrea sent 2 gray squares with really pretty cable designs, as well as 2 blue squares. (I'm actually putting 1 of them with navy blue and 1 of them with light blue because of the way they match up with other squares already received.)

These are just GREAT and will be perfect additions to our prayer afghans!

:cheer:cheer:cheer

Poor thing, you must be exhausted.:out Patty feels it in IN and you don't hear it in your backyard.

How is your son doing? :lol

I got 7 dark blue squares done out of what was left of my dark blue. Another color bites the dust. :cheer. What are we working on next, color wise.

Oh the squares were put in the mail today.

Pat, you said it...I'm exhausted. Actually, our whole household slept through it. :sleep

My son got out of the inpatient program today and starts back in the partial hospitalization (daytime) program again on Monday. Thank you for asking. You gals have been so supportive. I really appreciate it. His own father treats him like crap and causes him to feel so bad, and people we haven't even met face to face treat us with such kindness. It has really been touching. :manyheart

Thanks for putting more squares in the mail today...I'll be watching for them!

As for what color to work on next.....why don't you pick?? That way, if it's a color I don't have, then I'll have someone to blame for sending me to Ben Franklin Crafts. :lol

Croshay,

I have been looking (and must be missing it) how big are the afghans you are making. I am using a different sort of block so I was thinking that I would just put them together for you. Since you are asking for 12" squares...are they 3 squares wide and 4 long? Or do you want them bigger? smaller? Just let me know. I hope to have one out to you soon.

Croshay,

I have been looking (and must be missing it) how big are the afghans you are making. I am using a different sort of block so I was thinking that I would just put them together for you. Since you are asking for 12" squares...are they 3 squares wide and 4 long? Or do you want them bigger? smaller? Just let me know. I hope to have one out to you soon.

Karin, I'm making them 3 squares wide and 5 squares long...so it takes 15 (12") squares for each one.

Hope you're feeling better. :hug

Archived