Prayer Afghan Ministry - Squares Needed

Croshay

A HUGE :ty goes out to Pat54 for 12 squares that I picked up from church last night! Pat54 sent 6 navy blue, 3 lime green, and 3 burgundy and ivory squares! This is a terrific addition to our stash! I will soon be putting together some afghans for cancer patients!! :yay

:ty and :hug

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A HUGE :ty goes out to Pat54 for 12 squares that I picked up from church last night! Pat54 sent 6 navy blue, 3 lime green, and 3 burgundy and ivory squares! This is a terrific addition to our stash! I will soon be putting together some afghans for cancer patients!! :yay

You are very welcome. Glad they fit the bill. More navy coming for April:yes.

We've received 40 squares so far! Here's a picture, but it's not the best. If you gals want a better picture where you can see how many squares there are in each color, I'll try to take another one. :yes

On a side note, YEA for me that I figured out how to post photos today! ;)

IMG_0887.jpg

Isn't it great when you figure out how to post a pic. Your ahead of me, I figured out how to post but can't fix the size :lol so with me you get tiny weeny or real big.

Ok everyone, lets bombard Croshay with navy blue squares for the month of April so she receives enough squares of one color to put together an afghan. :crocheting

Of course anyone who doesn't have navy can certainly send her any of the other colors needed. :yes

My teal squares went out on the 25th. I think I mailed 2 of them. Did you get them yet?

ScoobyDoo, that's terrific! :jumpyay That will be just enough to complete our first afghan!

I haven't been at church since Wed. night and they hadn't arrived yet. I think that was the 26th if I'm awake enough yet to know :coffee

They're probably waiting for me to pick them up this morning. I'll let you know when I get back home this afternoon.

In case you all would like to see the graph-type afghan I've been working on...the ribbon is navy blue (colon cancer) although it's hard to tell from this photo...

IMG_0902.jpg

I'm going to put about 20 more rows of white on each end, then I'll do a border of sc's around it with a couple rows of white, then a couple rows of navy blue, then a couple more rows of white. :hook

In case you all would like to see the graph-type afghan I've been working on...the ribbon is navy blue (colon cancer) although it's hard to tell from this photo...

IMG_0902.jpg

I'm going to put about 20 more rows of white on each end, then I'll do a border of sc's around it with a couple rows of white, then a couple rows of navy blue, then a couple more rows of white. :hook

That's a terrific job and the border sounds perfect!

I'm a graph ghan addict...so a while back I converted the graph square pattern I used for the teal (so glad you like it!) into a solid like this one you did - just smaller (12 inch). I made a ghan using several of these solid squares for a friend. Now all I need to do is find my notes:blush

Where did you get the pattern for something as big as this?

That's a terrific job and the border sounds perfect!

I'm a graph ghan addict...so a while back I converted the graph square pattern I used for the teal (so glad you like it!) into a solid like this one you did - just smaller (12 inch). I made a ghan using several of these solid squares for a friend. Now all I need to do is find my notes:blush

Judy, glad you like that ribbon graph ghan. I found the graph somewhere online, but the site is not written on the graph I've been using. The ghan didn't come out as long as I had expected. It's only about 3' x 3'. I'm having to add 30 rows (instead of 20 like I had thought earlier) on each end to get it to be about 5' long. :blush

I'll see if I can find it in a little while if I can keep my eyes open after I get my kiddos down for the night. :yawn

No rush on the pattern for tonight - I'm closing here soon - we had a family christening in NY so I am beat!

CU all tomorrow:hug

IMG_0902.jpg

Croshay this is great, really nice for the cancer patients. I have never done a graph ghan. I don't know how to follow one :think of course I never tried either :lol

IMG_0897.jpg

Judy I love this. Is it something you can share? :)

Pat, I got the free pattern from: http://www.crochetcabana.com/charity/cancer-rib-filet-afg-w-chart.pdf

I did have to change the last 2 rows or so, to make sure it came in at 12 inches. Just watch the width and hook size you use on the first couple of rows so you don't have to frog too much. Everyone's tension is different, so you have to play with it.

Pat, I got the free pattern from: http://www.crochetcabana.com/charity/cancer-rib-filet-afg-w-chart.pdf

I did have to change the last 2 rows or so, to make sure it came in at 12 inches. Just watch the width and hook size you use on the first couple of rows so you don't have to frog too much. Everyone's tension is different, so you have to play with it.

thank you Judy, I'm going to give this a try.

Judy, I'm sorry to say I don't know WHERE I got that pattern. :blush I looked through my patterns, and there's nothing about the site where I got it. When I get some spare time, I'll try to do an online search and find it. In the meantime, my son is breathing down my neck, waiting to get on here and play his game. :lol

Thanks for being patient with me. :hug

Judy, I :heart your square so much that I would like to make one for each afghan donated.

I sure do have high aspirations sometimes. :lol

Lisa, when I want to make something that big I can play with graph paper and work out the ribbon - I've done it with other, more complicated designs. And if I can find my changes, maybe I'll do a solid graph when you're ready for bi-colored squares.

It might take me that long to find the pattern!

Good night for now - have to straighten up before bed. My old dog wakes me up early:P

Judy, that would be great! Please let me know if you're able to do that! :hook

It looks like burgundy and ivory are the only colors you want together. That combination would look good as a graph. Tomorrow I'll start my search for the pattern changes I made

It looks like burgundy and ivory are the only colors you want together. That combination would look good as a graph. Tomorrow I'll start my search for the pattern changes I made

Yes, burgundy and ivory is the only combination where the cancer resource center is requesting 2 colors together. I was thinking we could also do any color with white. I think we could use any color background and do a white ribbon.

What do you all think? :think

Thanks to Judy :hug I made the ribbon square in navy. It was pretty easy.

I was myself thinking how could I do the burgundy and off white one but I see Judy is going to work on a graph for that which is great.

Croshay, I may just have to learn to crochet from a graph thanks to you, lol. :eek I always loved the ones that had more than one color in a line but didn't understand how to do it without also cutting the thread. I didn't understand how to carry it.

I do have a couple of the navy done.:yes

Pat, I'll be glad to help coach you through working with multiple colors if I can. Or Judy might be better at explaining it, since she's the Queen of the Graph-ghans. :lol Also, I usually don't carry the thread when crocheting like that because it can tend to get thick and bulky - at least from my experience. I prefer to have separate yarn for each color when possible. The ribbon afghan I've been working on isn't bad as far as multiple colors. The most colors I had going on at any time was 5.

BTW Judy - is that a graph ghan on your avatar? It looks FANTASTIC! :applause

Archived