Prayer Afghan Ministry - Squares Needed

Croshay

It's good to remember when making the squares that "fast is nice but warm is better".

Deborah, I'm with you on that. I'd like for these to go fast, but they're not going to be any good when they're finished if they don't keep the cancer patients WARM. :hook

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick update. I was not able to make it to church last night, but our pastor emailed me & said some packages have arrived. I'll pick them up on Sun. and let you gals know on Mon. whose squares are here! :hook

:ty again for all the wonderful support you've given to this ministry!

I'm disappointed. We were supposed to have our first meeting at church tomorrow morning, and I think I'm going to have to cancel it due to the weather. :2snow

I :heart the snow, but I wish it could have waited for another day.

On the other hand, I'll be stuck in the house all weekend, so I should have lots of time to :crocheting

:lol

Minnisoda, :ty so much for the 4 BEAUTIFUL squares you sent for the Prayer Afghan Ministry! These will definitely be part of a wonderful afghan as soon as I get more pink squares! I appreciate your help and support. :hug

So what happened - did you get to have your first Prayer Afghan Ministry meeting?????? or was the weather too bad?

Also any ideas on colors of 12" squares you could use to get to full afghans? Guess a bunch of us have been doing different colors......

I'm thinking of trying to see if I can figure out which pattern I used before so let me know about the colors so I can make a square (or more) that will be "useful" :hook

We didn't have our meeting due to getting about a foot of snow the night before we were supposed to meet! :2snow I've rescheduled the meeting for the weekend after next.

As far as COLORS...you're right...everybody's been making whatever colors they're led to make - or whatever colors they have in their stash. :lol So the most I have of any one color is 3. We might do a "color a month" or something so I can - hopefully - get in more of the same color around the same time. :think

I'm going to post later and let everyone know who has sent their squares and what colors they are.

The afghan I've been making is not made of squares; it's a graph-style pattern with a huge ribbon crocheted in. The background is white and the ribbon is navy blue in memory of my very good friend who died of colon cancer in 2005. It's about 2/3 of the way done. I can't wait to get it done and make it my avatar on here. :hook

Have a dilemma :think and need your advice. Yesterday I got some “Real Teal” RHSS yarn… so far so good. When I got home I realized the “Teal” RHSS I had pulled from my stash is a lighter, more turquoise color…… my question is: do you want 12" squares of both shades of “Teal” or only the “Real Teal” color ???? Let me know. I’ll use which ever yarn(s) you want. :yarn

Can you post the colors for which each square will represent? Am I saying this correctly?! You know which color for which cancer...geeze some days I can even make a coherent request..

these are the ones that I have posted at the Traveling hook II thread, I am happy to share.

Pink/Breast Cancer

Hot Pink- Inflammatory Breast cancer

Pink/Blue - Male Breast Cancer

Pink/Teal -Hereditary Breast Cancer

Teal - Ovarian Cancer

Teal/ White/ Cervical Cancer

Teal/Pink/Blue thyroid cancer

Clear/Pearl-Lung Cancer

White - bone cancer

Black-Melanoma

Black/ white(zebra stripes) Carcinoid Syndrome Cancer

Grey -Brain Cancer

Burgundy and Ivory- Head and Neck Cancer

Burgundy - Multiple Myeloma

Red and White - oral cancer

Blue and White -teen cancer

Blue-colorectal cancer

Light Blue- prostate cancer

Dark Blue-Colon Cancer( can also use brown)

Periwinkle Blue-Esophageal Cancer, Stomach cancer, small intestine cancer

Gold-Childhood Cancers

Amber- appendix cancer

Orange-Leukemia

Purple-Pancreatic Cancer,

Lavender-General cancer Awareness

Orchid-Testicular cancer

Peach-Uterine Cancer, Endometrial cancer

Yellow -Sarcoma/Bone Cancer, Bladder Cancer

Kelly Green-Kidney cancer

Emerald Green-Liver Cancer

Lime Green-Lymphoma

Have a dilemma :think and need your advice. Yesterday I got some “Real Teal” RHSS yarn… so far so good. When I got home I realized the “Teal” RHSS I had pulled from my stash is a lighter, more turquoise color…… my question is: do you want 12" squares of both shades of “Teal” or only the “Real Teal” color ???? Let me know. I’ll use which ever yarn(s) you want. :yarn

Deborah, please feel free to use either one. :hook

A lady at my DD's daycare is using the "teal" which looks like turquoise, and I'm using the "real teal" which is much darker. They look great together, and I think it would be BEAUTIFUL to alternate the 2 colors! :yay

Angelfire, :ty so much for taking the time to post all the colors on this thread. :hug

I'm really hoping the wonderful, supportive folks here will focus on the colors being requested by the Mint Jubilee Cancer Resource Center for now, which are:

Burgundy and Ivory together - Head and Neck Cancer

Lime Green - Lymphoma

Dark Blue - Colon Cancer

Orange - Leukemia

Teal - Ovarian and/or Cervical Cancer

White -Lung Cancer

:ty Angelfire and everyone else who is helping to support this ministry! :manyheart

Deborah, please feel free to use either one. :hook

A lady at my DD's daycare is using the "teal" which looks like turquoise, and I'm using the "real teal" which is much darker. They look great together, and I think it would be BEAUTIFUL to alternate the 2 colors! :yay

Excellent!!! I'll see what I can do.... soon, very soon. :yes

Especially as I see the colors I sent are not on the "most requested list"

Especially as I see the colors I sent are not on the "most requested list"

Deborah, not a problem! I would like to focus on the center's "most requested" colors for now and then focus on one color a month or something like that.

We will use all of the squares received, even if it's not immediately. :hook

You already know I'll keep you posted. :lol

Okay - another "shade" question.... saw White is on the list.

Do you care what shade of white??

There is white, soft white, aran - to name the RHSS colors. Plus Canon Pounder has a white.....

Are you sick of all my questions yet ? :blah

Angelfire, :ty so much for taking the time to post all the colors on this thread. :hug

I'm really hoping the wonderful, supportive folks here will focus on the colors being requested by the Mint Jubilee Cancer Resource Center for now, which are:

Burgundy and Ivory together - Head and Neck Cancer

Lime Green - Lymphoma

Dark Blue - Colon Cancer

Orange - Leukemia

Teal - Ovarian and/or Cervical Cancer

White -Lung Cancer

:ty Angelfire and everyone else who is helping to support this ministry! :manyheart

I was just posting all of the colors to give a heads up, thank you for posting the ones that you are concentrating on.

Okay - another "shade" question.... saw White is on the list.

Do you care what shade of white??

There is white, soft white, aran - to name the RHSS colors. Plus Canon Pounder has a white.....

Are you sick of all my questions yet ? :blah

OK Lady, am I going to have to put you on a limit? :haha

I would say any of those shades should be fine. :tup Personally, I think the variety of shades will add character to the lapghans! :yes

OK Lady, am I going to have to put you on a limit? :haha

I would say any of those shades should be fine. :tup Personally, I think the variety of shades will add character to the lapghans! :yes

Okay, okay :nahnah I'll work on no more questions for today.

I'm with you that the different shades will add to the afghans....

less questions - more crocheting. :crocheting (I was going to ask if that works for you but remembered I promised no more questions today).

Deborah, I'm with you. Less questions - or actually less WORK - and more :crocheting I told hubby the other day I don't have time to keep working because I have too many crochet projects to keep up with right now. :devil He didn't go for it. I'll have to work on my strategy. :scrachin

Deborah, I'm with you. Less questions - or actually less WORK - and more :crocheting I told hubby the other day I don't have time to keep working because I have too many crochet projects to keep up with right now. :devil He didn't go for it. I'll have to work on my strategy. :scrachin

Try my solution - give up sleeping :tired

and an even better one for the Prayer Afghan Ministry -

ask the wonderful crocheters of Crochetville to help you out :idea

Archived