Prayer Afghan Ministry - Squares Needed

Croshay

ScoobyDoo, thank you so much for the 2 camo squares for my son's comfortghan AND for the lime green square for the Prayer Afghan Ministry! :hug

Also, thanks for the prayers...that's really what's getting us through the difficult times right now.

I appreciate your help with both causes!

:ty and :hug

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lora3814, thank you for the 3 terrific squares you sent - lime green, orange, and white! I picked them up from church this morning. :hook

Also, thanks for committing to making more of them in the future! :yay

:ty and :hug

Croshay,

You are so very welcome. I am still working on the teal squares. I will have them in the mail to you on Tuesday. :hug:manyheart

Yeah Teal!!! :cheer:cheer

So Croshay do you want to tell us what the "color of the month" for April will be... know we need to finish up our skeins of Teal but what color should we work to make at least one for April????

Yeah Teal!!! :cheer:cheer

So Croshay do you want to tell us what the "color of the month" for April will be... know we need to finish up our skeins of Teal but what color should we work to make at least one for April????

How about NAVY BLUE for April?! That's another color requested by the center, I have 3 squares in that color so far, and I have 2 skeins of yarn in that color....yep....sounds like a plan! :yes

How about NAVY BLUE for April?! That's another color requested by the center, I have 3 squares in that color so far, and I have 2 skeins of yarn in that color....yep....sounds like a plan! :yes

That color I have.... count me in for at least one Navy Blue square in April....

btw what does that represent again???

That color I have.... count me in for at least one Navy Blue square in April....

btw what does that represent again???

Navy blue is for colon cancer. That's what got the best of my dear friend Alisa :rip in Sept. of 2005. She's my inspiration for this project.

Lisa, I think I have some Navy...but what about other colors?? Or do you want to keep on track with one color a month?

Lisa, I think I have some Navy...but what about other colors?? Or do you want to keep on track with one color a month?

Judy, it's however you want to do it. :hug Please don't feel limited to one color a month, although I do want to give preference to the main colors requested by the cancer resource center (listed in the first message of the thread).

Deborah is trying to help put some focus on one color at a time :idea so we receive enough squares to put some afghans together. So far the gals here have been TERRIFIC and VERY supportive, but I've received 23 squares and they're in about 9 different colors. At that rate, it's going to take longer to be able to actually put some afghans together for the center.

I hope that makes sense. I'm tired! :yawn

Judy, it's however you want to do it. :hug Please don't feel limited to one color a month, although I do want to give preference to the main colors requested by the cancer resource center (listed in the first message of the thread).

Deborah is trying to help put some focus on one color at a time :idea so we receive enough squares to put some afghans together. So far the gals here have been TERRIFIC and VERY supportive, but I've received 23 squares and they're in about 9 different colors. At that rate, it's going to take longer to be able to actually put some afghans together for the center.

I hope that makes sense. I'm tired! :yawn

I know what you mean about the colors...when I was ptting charity ghans together I had no stipulation, just bright colors and no black...I had to be quite creative...

Are you making lapghan size? I forgot if you mentioned it. Then 3 by 4 squares could make one...if there bigger, well....

I'll be helping out for quite a while as I'm able. I have friends fighting cancer, so I have a special place in my heart for victims of this cruel disease.

Have a wonderful Easter Sunday...:hug

I know what you mean about the colors...when Are you making lapghan size? I forgot if you mentioned it. Then 3 by 4 squares could make one...if there bigger, well....

I'll be helping out for quite a while as I'm able. I have friends fighting cancer, so I have a special place in my heart for victims of this cruel disease.

Have a wonderful Easter Sunday...:hug

Yes, these are going to be lapghan size. The center has requested 3-4' wide by at least 5' long...so I'm going to start out with 3x5 and hopefully that will be big enough. My contact there said the patients need to rest a lot and she wants the lapghans to be long enough to cover them while laying on the couch.

I've also had 2 close friends who fought cancer. One lost the battle and one beat the odds - 6 years now! :yay

Hope you and all the other wonderful folks here also have a wonderful Easter Sunday! :hug

Croshay, the package I mailed out Thursday had 6 navy blue in there so you should have some blue soon. I think Deborah had a great idea of a color a month if that works for everyone. I will send more blue in April.

Croshay, the package I mailed out Thursday had 6 navy blue in there so you should have some blue soon. I think Deborah had a great idea of a color a month if that works for everyone. I will send more blue in April.

Let's give credit where credit is due - the "color of the month" idea came from Croshay - she mentioned that she is getting squares but not enough of one color to make an afghan :(

:cheer:cheerCome on Crochetville let's help make the Prayer Afghan Ministry work!! :cheer:cheer

:ty to StarStrong/Deborah for 5 WAY COOL teal squares - AND 2 more squares for my son's comfortghan - AND a skein of "real teal" for me to finish up our first prayer afghan! I'm doing a happy dance!! :dance

I received the info and replied to the email but had a problem with my computer so I don't know if you received my reply or not.

Thanks again for what you are doing

Hi, Patty :waving I received your reply this morning. :ty for offering to help! :hug

Archived